New look for LePou's LE456

I'm with you on the LE456 amp. I like the Legion amp a lot too but it seems the LE456 doesn't take up quite as much CPU usage (more than 3 tracks with my VST chain that includes Legion and my system starts freezing up).

Let me throw this out there...I've always wanted to create a solo metal album and go all the way with it. Would any of you guys consider using these amps for that sort of project, especially if miking an amp isn't a feasible option? I know there's the Axe FX that everyone raves about and I hear the new POD HD500 is far beyond the previous PODs regarding quality. But has anyone considered doing any serious work/recording using LE456 and/or Legion? I'm strongly considering...

@ Uncle Jason : I don't have plan to make a package of my amps sims. I don't use noise gate very often so I unfortunately can't recommand agood one for you.

Maybe I should just drop the noise gate then because that seems to be taking away from my sustain and response. I guess I can just back off my volume when fading out and cut the track where the noise may be before the playing starts (if that makes sense).

Let me throw this out there...I've always wanted to create a solo metal album and go all the way with it. Would any of you guys consider using these amps for that sort of project, especially if miking an amp isn't a feasible option? I know there's the Axe FX that everyone raves about and I hear the new POD HD500 is far beyond the previous PODs regarding quality. But has anyone considered doing any serious work/recording using LE456 and/or Legion? I'm strongly considering...

If you can get the tone you want with an amp sim I don't why you would not use it. There is some guys here (Mago and Erik Monsonis to name a few) that get very convincing tone with amp sims. Use what sounds good to you.

I'm with you on the LE456 amp. I like the Legion amp a lot too but it seems the LE456 doesn't take up quite as much CPU usage (more than 3 tracks with my VST chain that includes Legion and my system starts freezing up).

hey uncle jack...
I play in an on line band (some guys from argentina, a guy from spain) we've never seen the others guys face.
we talk by msn, and record and share tracks.... and we use lepou's stuff a lot
check this out...

http://www.reverbnation.com/inmemoriamares

we're still leaning how to mix ...

by the way... is just a hobby for us... we are not making any monney with our music

If you can get the tone you want with an amp sim I don't why you would not use it. There is some guys here (Mago and Erik Monsonis to name a few) that get very convincing tone with amp sims. Use what sounds good to you.

That's a solid point man...and also, I'm not chasing after someone else's exact tone or sound; I wanna create my own signature tone as much as possible. On that note (no pun intended...well, ok, the pun was intended) I DO like the tones I'm getting using your LE456 and Legion amp sims with Recabinet. There's just a certain response that's missing and I think that may have to do with the noise gate I'm using...seems to take away from the response.

Here's a track I recorded using Legion:
http://soundcloud.com/jasonstallworth/legion-of-the-underworld

hey uncle jack...
I play in an on line band (some guys from argentina, a guy from spain) we've never seen the others guys face.
we talk by msn, and record and share tracks.... and we use lepou's stuff a lot
check this out...

http://www.reverbnation.com/inmemoriamares

we're still leaning how to mix ...

by the way... is just a hobby for us... we are not making any monney with our music

I'm definitely gonna check out your music when I get home tonight! I hear you...I'd like to make money with music but more than anything it's a passion, which I think we all feel that way whether we get paid for it or not.

This does suck for PC guys. :(

As a paying donator of LePou's ampsims, if you want my perspective on this topic, I would suggest collaborating with ONE ARTIST so that all of your ampsims have a cohesive appearance. nervirasme has a lot of talent and obviously has produced the most popular work for LePou's Ampsims. If he's willing, "and he appears to be" why not let him do all of the gui work for all the ampsims? nervirasme, it's too bad you weren't around to work with LePou at the beginning of his development. Your work is great. As always, thank you both for all your hard work.

I completely agree with you Matt! Besides I don't think that it would be disrespectful in any way if you would offer the plugins with goran's designs in addition to those already made by requietus. I'm very grateful about what has been created out of your collaboration and I would like to see more of it, especially since these plugins sound better than every other guitar simulation software (except Onqel's TSE plugins) and deserve very high quality designs in my opinion. I'm currently preparing a donation to support both of you with the hope of seeing the other plugins updated in the future too.

As a paying donator of LePou's ampsims,
And that kind of argument can make me change my mind.

if you want my perspective on this topic, I would suggest collaborating with ONE ARTIST so that all of your ampsims have a cohesive appearance.
I agree with you on that. But you know, I have made all of this for the fun of it. Things may have been different if I have made my plugins with a commercial goal in mind.

And btw, when I have talked about good skinners out there you were one I had you in mind.

I would like to add that i always have enjoyed the way lepou's kicked comercial sofware companies ass.

As all here, i know his plug ins sounds better than any comercial software out there... if you add a one-of-a-kind-skin that no other company can even dream of.... you kicks asses twice!!

C'mon man... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASE update to that wonderfull skin,.,, rise the bar again!! Be a pita for all that poor sounding software develpers that only care on profit and less on music.

Congrats on the mac release guys, it looks awesome and I already know it sounds awesome too. I've been rocking this on PC for a while and enjoying the hell out of it, so it's good to see others are getting a chance to create some awesome music with it as well now. :kickass:

This is somewhat mean to say but I can promise a small donation to make it happen for PC users, if a few of us pool up we can make it worth the hassle of recompiling.

This is somewhat mean to say but I can promise a small donation to make it happen for PC users, if a few of us pool up we can make it worth the hassle of recompiling.

Guys, as much as I'm flattered given your reactions towards my work, I still agree with Alain - it would be really disrespectful to negate the original design and sincere effort that requietus put in his work.
As Alain already gave you a hint - there are plans for our future collaboration, so try to look forward instead of back :)

DAMMIT I'll try to do so :D and that said the old skin is not bad at all. That's some impressive stuff that you guys have released :worship:

Guys, as much as I'm flattered given your reactions towards my work, I still agree with Alain - it would be really disrespectful to negate the original design and sincere effort that requietus put in his work.
As Alain already gave you a hint - there are plans for our future collaboration, so try to look forward instead of back :)

Hey nervirasme, what about ongel's X50???

I use lepous's le 456 as my main amp... but i would swith to ongel's if you put your amaizings skills on it!!!

looks good!
it does remind me of me not having a GUI artist no more though :p

Damn it, I knew that something rang a bell when you started mentioning X50, so I dug up this post (quote above) that was somewhere in the middle of this thread... Well, since the situation calls for it, I don't know what else to say than...

Let's go for it!

:D

Damn it, I knew that something rang a bell when you started mentioning X50, so I dug up this post (quote above) that was somewhere in the middle of this thread... Well, since the situation calls for it, I don't know what else to say than...

Let's go for it!

:D

PC PLEASE!!! ENDLESS THANKS!!!!