New Maiden album details!

kittybeast said:
I'm still shell shocked that the majority of you find DOD to be dull. Pachendale slayed me on the cd and Live it was utterly amazing. To each his own on their opinion but to me that track just kicks all kinds of ass!
I'm with you Kitty on this one :headbang: "Paschendale" is a new Maiden classic to me.

While I'm not a die hard Maiden fan I still find DoD pretty good, even though not groundbreaking or anything.

IID00002173.JPG

What do you know, awesome Maiden cover art, it's been a while now hasn't it?
Badass grim imagery there and I really like the comic-book style.

Maiden fucking owns. the people at the general metal dsscussion know nothing about metal cause they are a bunch of fags that think opeth invented it all.

tsorl said:
IID00002173.JPG

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Pachendale... OWNS! The 2 times I heard it live I got chills and goosebumps :headbang:

tsorl said:

Two things I really hate about this cover: too "computerish" and the damn logo's bottom is still neatly and tidily clipped, nothing hanging down from 'r', 'm' and 'n'... :mad:

On top of that, the picture ain't really something to write home about... I sincerely hope the music will do better than the cover. :)

SickBoy said:
the picture ain't really something to write home about... I sincerely hope the music will do better than the cover. :)

I hope so, as well. But I've not been disappointed since the reunion, so I have strong hopes. of course, the record might be a carbon copy of the dreadful "Fear Of The Dark" or "Virtual XI" releases...so who knows?

Wyvern said:
So reviewing the facts:

• last real good Maiden album was in 1988
  • last 2 albums with Bruce (before departure) were mediocre
  • albums with Blaze were absolutely forgetable (sorry JD)
  • BNW was decent but 'Nomad' already was a boring tune
  • DOD it's crappy, boring and weak
How can these be labelled as "facts"? :cool:

That cover rocks, its got my interest up. The only real problem is Eddie is not visible (big) enough. I think it suits and personifies, where they're at in their career.

tsorl said:

Well is the best art since Derek Riggs days I have to acknowledge that. I hope is a sign of me having to swallow my contempt for the band lately. Time will tell.

SoundMaster said:
[/list]How can these be labelled as "facts"?

Well it's a fact that you support Iron Maiden no matter what and I don't, so the fact is you and I will never agree on it.

NP: Uriah Heep - 'Circle of Hands'

Wyvern said:
Well it's a fact that you support Iron Maiden no matter what and I don't, so the fact is you and I will never agree on it.

This is 100% unrealistic & untrue. First, for years, I was lambasted daily on the old Maiden forum for having the audacity to rip to shreds the shitty 90s Maiden albums. To this day, I still cringe when I hear Bruce's "performance" on FOTD. That album has but a handful of tolerable tracks. And let's not even discuss "Virtual XI".

And saying that I "support Maiden no matter what" makes even less sense being that not one comment I've made regarding the new album in this thread comes close to saying "it WILL rule", etc. In fact, more than once, I stated "I'll reserve judgement until hearing it".

One can't be more impartial than that.

Looking forward to it. I like the fact that they did the whole thing in about two months. Maybe it will be a little more raw sounding. I liked BNW, but DOD had to much orchestration and was overly produced IMO. Somehow Kevin Shirley managed to over produce it and kind of have a shitty sound at the same time? That takes major talent to do that! Hopefully this new one will be much better.

SickBoy said:
I find "the dreadful" FOTD to be better than the last two IM releases. Now take that! :p

iagree.gif

Actually I enjoyed many songs of FOTD a lot, and I consider the title track pure Iron Maiden by-the-book. Still was a weak album and a sad way to say goodbye to the first Bruce era, on the other hand way better than the actual era so...I stick with "Piece Of Mind" :headbang:

- other than a song or two on each - Weekend Warrior and Holy Smoke come to mind - I've never had a problem with FOTD or NPFTD. I like them better than every album that has followed.
- The Nomad rules. One of the better songs on BNW, IMO. Opening riff kicks major ass. Much better chorus too than other recent songs for the simple fact that they don't just "say title of song here 4x". I'll take this and Ghost of the Navigator over any post-1992 song I've heard from Maiden.
- I'm not crazy about the new cover, and I agree with Sick Boy's comment that it's too computer-ish. But the music matters more to me than the cover. It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it. I do know it doesn't come close to the BNW cover.
- No one in their right mind should be holding their breath for another Piece of Mind or Powerslave. Not going to happen...

Platinum Maze said:
- No one in their right mind should be holding their breath for another Piece of Mind or Powerslave. Not going to happen...

Who said I'm on my right mind? And yes is unrealistic to expect another "Killers" or "Piece Of Mind", but at least they can do something along the best songs of NRFTW, FOTD and BNW.

Unlike hair hope is the last thing you lost.

NP: Manigance - 'Prison Dorée'

Platinum Maze said:
-- The Nomad rules. One of the better songs on BNW, IMO. Opening riff kicks major ass. Much better chorus too than other recent songs for the simple fact that they don't just "say title of song here 4x". I'll take this and Ghost of the Navigator over any post-1992 song I've heard from Maiden.

:worship: