New Maiden leaked....

Erik said:
löl @ you

yeah i know, haha

few certainties:

1 - janick gers has won me over in the songwriting department. I just think he needs to stop solo'ing NOW. It is just awful awful guitar work and his picking technique is disasterous.

2 - consistency is an amazing trait -- while the album is consistently good, there is nothing on it that is OMG AMAZING and neither is there anything that sounds like a Fear of the Dark leftover

3 - the cover art, while not as bad as dance of death, is still rubbish. it wasn't long ago that they cared for their artwork, even virtual xi has an amazing cover

4 - i should buy this at some point

5 - adrian smith is a frickin' genius. his guitar work is way better than even dave murray's now. i really hope he features on the next bruce album

I've reached my verdict...this is their best album since Seventh Son. I liked BNW a lot, but I find this to be a more consistent release and the triple guitar setup is utilized better here (except when Janick is at the front of course, lol). The only songs I don't really care for are Different World and surprisingly For The Greater Good...overlong with an ultra-repetitive chorus. Best tracks: Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (this is OMG amazing to me), The Longest Day, These Colours Don't Run.

they managed to make a dark and contemplative disc without being emo and depressing

187842.jpg

MadeInNewJersey said:
I can't be arsed to look it up, but yeah, I'm pretty sure they did.

The band's new album, "A Matter of Life and Death", has already achieved tremendous chart success and critical acclaim all over the world, including their highest-ever chart position in the U.S., No. 2 in Canada and No. 1 on the Pan-European chart.

:kickass:

Demonspell said:
Not even close, sounds more like one of the excellent ballads from Bruce's solo albums, the soloing being the obvious highlight, some of the best usage of the triple guitar setup.
whatever, I still think it sounds like GnR.

even NAD would love this disc
I found this thread researching which of the newer-era Maiden album(s) I should get into. :loco: I only know the classic Dickinson stuff, somehow I now love it all.

Out of all "new" Maiden (read: 1990 and forward), is this the one to go for first? Or maybe I should just pick up Killers and the debut instead.

I'm answering my own question, and talking to myself. Cool, great, sounds good, way to go, faggot.