New Maiden song available

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
It's called Different World and it's the opener of the new album, and possibly the second single cut as well. Listen here.

I like it. Great chorus and prechorus, and the song doesn't sound as forced as some of the stuff on DOD. It has a kind of a "laid back" feel, in a good way. :cool:
Oh, and Bruce sounds great!

My expectations are really high for this album at this point. I like both of the songs a lot. They strike me as having the sense of urgency that Brave New World had, an album I was a BIG fan of. Based on what I've heard so far, this'll be way up on the top 10 for me.

Thanks for the link too!!!!

It's a bit weak but undoubtedly retains a lot of classic Maiden sound, and as an opener is a good one beating that crap from DOD. Also like Bruce vocals a lot, better than DOD too, much more in the vein of his solo albums although less dark.

Still have to listen the whole album as a whole to make up my mind, because the first single didn't caught my attention.

Sorry to chime in again, but having heard it a couple times now I gotta confirm what I said above. A great song I think. It's more like Bruce's later solo stuff than anything. I'm really psyched for the album.

I'm mildly surprised by the lack of enthusiasm by others here. I know it's just a matter of personal taste, but both of the songs I've heard are just great I think. Interesting is all.....maybe some minds will change when the album comes out. In any case, this one's way, way up on my list for the end of the year if the rest of the album has the quality of the so far released tunes.

I'm listening to Prowler;), I'll come back to this new song later when im on a better net connection...

The chorus sounds like something you can hold hands to and sing.
Anyways I like the song.

Has a bottom sound kind like a keyboard which annoys me a bit, but anyway the riff is pretty heavy indeed. And if it doesn't sound like old NWOBHM Maiden definitively is the heaviest of the three song so far, but as Maiden sound I like the previous one better.

The solo and bridge section after it are really good and very Maiden(3:34-4:56). Also between 5:25-5:55 the song delivers the way I like, but it doesn't live to the quality of 'Rime Of The Ancient Mariner', 'Alexander The Great' or even 'Fear Of The Dark' as an epic, still is much better material than DOD.

Need the whole album to be spinned before I made finally my mind.