New Maiden

Wow yeah, this shit is pretty godawful.

Time to call 'er quits while they're ahead and still legendary. Much respect to them for the effort though, I will always love Maiden! :headbang:

Anyone else notice that alot of the songs from the last two albums sounded much better live?

-Paul

Sounds almost like that Bruce used autotune at certain parts.

I might be the only one but I think that this song is quite good but I understand why people dont like this song so much, it´s not a predictable maiden song with a epic chorus. It has some dark vibe that I like and I am not the biggest fan of their recent work.

I might be the only one but I think that this song is quite good but I understand why people dont like this song so much, it´s not a predictable maiden song with a epic chorus. It has some dark vibe that I like and I am not the biggest fan of their recent work.

Nah - your not the only one. I like it - it took several listens however, but it was a grower on me. I'm an admitted Iron Maiden fanboi so you have to take that into consideration as I'll keep buying their albums till the day they hang up their instruments. As for someone saying this is their worst cover, I'm sorry to disagree - that award belongs to the "Dance of Death" album - it looks like random images poorly photoshoped upon other images. This atleast at a bare minimum looks to be one cohesive image.

@Jind: from what I understand, the Dance of Death cover was a draft render, but somehow SOMEONE said: perfect, we'll use this!

Worst artwork ever. What were they thinking?

You honestly think it's worse than that:

iron_maiden_-_dance_of_death_a-wwwm.jpg

? :zombie:

The cover is too "plastic" and digital, two big no-nos for Maiden, as far as I'm concerned... Riggs FTW

That's exactly how I felt about the last ones and while this certainly isn't the greatest cover in metal history, I think it's definitely a change in the right direction.

Eddie had many a face throughout time, I can still find enough traces in his face to say "that's Eddie". Or at least his lovechild with the Alien Queen. :lol:

Maybe. Always thought the dog was hilarious. hehe.
But what I meant is it's super crappy anyway. I want the old school super detailed Riggs artwork, not this piece of shit space zombie who thinks it's funny to kill (already) dead mini space monkeys with his ridiculous laser toothpick.

I hate Dance of Deaths cover with a passion.. I mean you know it's bad when the artist refuses credit because "someone" in the band decided it looked better with no texture/shadow rendering.. I mean damn...

-Paul

And you know, I love how the baby isn't actually sitting on the dog.. just kinda hovering next to it..

-Paul

Regardless of the cover art ... this song kinda sucks

maybe it'll grow on me, hopefully its the worst of the cd. Their singles aren't always the worst tunes ... Wicker Man was a great song even if the single was actually cooler than the album version (the extra harmony parts)

trust me, I'm a huge Maiden fan ... going on 25 years now but I couldn't even bring myself to buy that last one and I'm really placing a lot of hope on this new one cause it would just be too disappointing to think that I won't ever get another album from them on par with anything from 7th Son and back

Nah - your not the only one. I like it - it took several listens however, but it was a grower on me. I'm an admitted Iron Maiden fanboi so you have to take that into consideration as I'll keep buying their albums till the day they hang up their instruments. As for someone saying this is their worst cover, I'm sorry to disagree - that award belongs to the "Dance of Death" album - it looks like random images poorly photoshoped upon other images. This atleast at a bare minimum looks to be one cohesive image.

I'm a maiden fanboy and I totally enjoy their latest work, especially Dance of Death which is a masterpiece in my ears, but I agree with you about the cover of that album, it's terrible.

I like this cover, it's different but I like it, I still have to listen to the song some more to get the hang of it, it's never easy to digest new maiden.

wow ... I guess that is something you and I will NEVER agree on ;)

I thought that album was pure shit.... just PURE SHIT :lol:

Dance of Death was a bitter disapointment for me. There are couple of songs on it, I totally hate with passion. The awful production is just the icing on the shit cake.

Nevertheless...Journeyman, Paschendale and Rainmaker are really solid songs IMO.

wow ... I guess that is something you and I will NEVER agree on ;)

I thought that album was pure shit.... just PURE SHIT :lol:

I honestly thought there was some decent material on DoD.. Wickerman was a good track and I liked Pachendale and Dance of Death, but I also liked them ALOT better live than on the album.. so much more energy in the live stuff.. can't beat it..

I'll most likely buy anything maiden puts out, but whether it goes in the cd case or in the box in the closet is a whole different story..

-Paul

I honestly thought there was some decent material on DoD.. Wickerman was a good track and I liked Pachendale and Dance of Death, but I also liked them ALOT better live than on the album.. so much more energy in the live stuff.. can't beat it..

I'll most likely buy anything maiden puts out, but whether it goes in the cd case or in the box in the closet is a whole different story..

-Paul

Wicker Man was on BNW ... not DoD ;)