New Maiden

wow ... I guess that is something you and I will NEVER agree on ;)

I thought that album was pure shit.... just PURE SHIT :lol:

Man, some of the songs on that album are pure gold to me, really. One's shit is someone else's gold haha

Oh no! My wound because of the terrible Dance of Death cover finally healed and Slash...you ripped it again without mercy :lol:

hahahahaha that cover is just too bad to be true

I might be the only one but I think that this song is quite good but I understand why people dont like this song so much, it´s not a predictable maiden song with a epic chorus. It has some dark vibe that I like and I am not the biggest fan of their recent work.

Nuno... I agree with you... I think it def has a different vibe going on, especially after their last album... I think the guitars have a ton more balls on this tune - AMOLAD was just flat and the songs mostly boring IMO... and I'm another 25 year Maiden fanboy... :)

Nothing will ever compare with the "classic" years but I'm digging this song so far and wanna hear some more!

Every maiden record was good for me, until a matter of life and death. Maybe my life has changed a little, along with my tastes but I really didnt like that album and listened to it just a few times (and of course live :lol:) which is blasphemy for me and a maiden record. I cant get into the dry production either and i'm a huge fan here. Dance of death was still fab, and brave new world is one of my long standing favs.

This sounds a bit more interesting than the last, but my bet is that it will be far from a classic. I hope they prove me extremely wrong!

This song was quite mediocre. Maybe it will grow or not. I hope the rest of the CD will be great and worth the long wait since the last one which was a great great album. And Dod was great too, much better than Bnw. But I agree the sound on the last two CDs sucks. And why did Nico sell his drums? Those drums are one of the best of all time. I hate the sound of the drums he use now. The only bad CDs they have done are those with Bruce the bad on vocals. Especially the second one. Man was that bad or what.

The absence of Eddie on that cover is disturbing. Unless they pulled some kind of Jason X shit with him and now he's a mutated space creature.

Nothing will ever top the SIT cover. That picture will be on my gravestone, and I will swear by that shit come my tragically drawn-out, movie-quality downfall. There are two things I love in this world, my beer and the cover of Somewhere In Fucking Time.

The SIT artwork is fucking awful. simple as that.

Woah this song definitely has potential. I don't think its awful by any means... sounds like its going to be their opener in the reign of Wildest Dreams (worst opening single ever...) and different world (good opener).

Im admittedly a maiden fanboii but i still strongly support thier new material. I think Brave New World was a masterpiece. Dance of death has its really high highs (DOD, rainmaker, Paschendale, Face in sand) and really low lows.

I loved A matter of life and death, it was progressive and different. and also quite dark. And, interesting fact, they loved the mixes so much they didn't bother to have it mastered.

This new song sounds like they may be going for more of a throwback rather than a new direction this time. I already have tickets for this tour so lets see how it plays out...

Funny silly cover. I like it (always hated the lame 3D ones).
The song is ok, definitely Iron Maiden, but too long for my taste. Bruce voice isn´t very good on this one... I mean, it´s good because it´s Bruce, but nothing compared to Ghost Of The Navigator performance for example.

I like only one or two songs of each Iron Maiden album and Rainmaker was the last one that really blew my mind.

I've had chance to listen on my monitoring setup instead of at work, and it seems a bit shit really. And lets have 3 random solos that sounds really tired because if we didnt it would be unfair on someone. And whats with the random start and end?

Damnit, the whole thing sounds tired, and the doubled chorus even fails to add energy. The key change thing is ugly... It looks like the songs are all bloody ten minutes again, which frankly, i'm kind of sick of now. Its not looking good from my perspective, Maidens old b-sides sounded better than this.

Im admittedly a maiden fanboii but i still strongly support thier new material. I think Brave New World was a masterpiece. Dance of death has its really high highs (DOD, rainmaker, Paschendale, Face in sand) and really low lows.

I loved A matter of life and death, it was progressive and different. and also quite dark. And, interesting fact, they loved the mixes so much they didn't bother to have it mastered.

+1

I'll agree the production on DOD was pretty awful, I quite liked the sound of AMOLAD though, very natural, could have done with a wee touch more highs and lows in mastering though.

Really didn't like the new song at first but it's growing on me a bit. Hopefully the rest of the album is better though.

Note, Dance of Death was the album never mastered, but I don't know if they repeated this with AMOLAD or not,.

-Paul