New Maiden

I kinda thought that, but unless Blaze's real name is actually Bruce (??) then it's pretty dumb hahaha

around the time he 1st joined Maiden he was actually a bit of a Bruce look-alike

I actually know someone who went to see them live after he 1st joined and the next day he was telling me how fat Bruce got :lol:

around the time he 1st joined Maiden he was actually a bit of a Bruce look-alike

I actually know someone who went to see them live after he 1st joined and the next day he was telling me how fat Bruce got :lol:

Lol funny. A bit OT but his solo band is playing a free Festival in my city in 3 weeks, I think he's a top notch singer that obviously did not fit well with maiden, actually songs like The Clansman, Sign of the cross, lord of the flies etc. sung live by Bruce sound so much better

actually songs like The Clansman, Sign of the cross, lord of the flies etc. sung live by Bruce sound so much better

its even funnier cause those are actually like the ONLY 3 good songs from that time period :lol:

maybe Man on the Edge also but thats about it ... those albums BLOW

I think I only ever liked him on Sign of the Cross ... think he sounded better on his own

I kinda thought that, but unless Blaze's real name is actually Bruce (??) then it's pretty dumb hahaha

Bayley Alexander Cooke.

IIRC DOD was 'mastered' by Kevin Shirley by running and clipping it through some shitty converters or something. 'Someone' in the band liked that sound and hence it came the end product we all know (and some are even able to listen to :p). IMO the album has it's moments, as mentioned before by others, but the technical 'quality' of that album makes it almost impossible for me to listen to it. It hurts my ears.

AMOLAD I think is one of the better albums. IMO the best that this line-up has made. It's an album that does not have many songs that can be listened to on their own, it's more of a whole package kind of deal.

Re: Blaze - I think everyone should check out his newer albums, way above his Maiden stuff. And X-Factor is one of my favourite Maiden albums. :p

And anyone who hates SIT artwork needs to get their eyes examined! That is one of, if not the best album artwork of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Sorry about that. :p

Lol funny. A bit OT but his solo band is playing a free Festival in my city in 3 weeks, I think he's a top notch singer that obviously did not fit well with maiden, actually songs like The Clansman, Sign of the cross, lord of the flies etc. sung live by Bruce sound so much better

I personally thought that the Blaze-era albums were generally well written. Particularly the X factor, they were just tainted with Blaze's hollow vocal sound. (

I agree that any of the Blaze songs sung by bruce are fantastic! Especially Sign of the Cross and Clansman!

FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! :headbang:

Bayley Alexander Cooke.

IIRC DOD was 'mastered' by Kevin Shirley by running and clipping it through some shitty converters or something. 'Someone' in the band liked that sound and hence it came the end product we all know (and some are even able to listen to :p). IMO the album has it's moments, as mentioned before by others, but the technical 'quality' of that album makes it almost impossible for me to listen to it. It hurts my ears.

Shirley actually just ran the mix from the tape output through an apogee digital converter (i wouldn't personally call that shitty.....) so that STEVE HARRIS (just to clarify haha) could listen to it on a CD in his car. I don't think it was limited or anything, but I can't be sure of that....

-Paul
NOTE: That is from Shirley's mouth on the Death on the Road dvd...

Shirley actually just ran the mix from the tape output through an apogee digital converter (i wouldn't personally call that shitty.....) so that STEVE HARRIS (just to clarify haha) could listen to it on a CD in his car. I don't think it was limited or anything, but I can't be sure of that....

-Paul
NOTE: That is from Shirley's mouth on the Death on the Road dvd...

Yeah, that's it! Thanks for the clarification. :)

I found the new song very bland. Bruce's vocals lacking and that album artwork is terrible.
I will still buy the CD though as I'm sure to find some tracks I enjoy.
Part of me is hoping the Final Frontier is just that final.

I've had chance to listen on my monitoring setup instead of at work, and it seems a bit shit really. And lets have 3 random solos that sounds really tired because if we didnt it would be unfair on someone. And whats with the random start and end?
Damnit, the whole thing sounds tired, and the doubled chorus even fails to add energy. The key change thing is ugly... It looks like the songs are all bloody ten minutes again, which frankly, i'm kind of sick of now. Its not looking good from my perspective, Maidens old b-sides sounded better than this.

DAMN man I totally agree I HATE the boody ten minutes songs

DAMN man I totally agree I HATE the boody ten minutes songs

Why? How long should a song be? If it's a good song then it doesn't matter if it is one minute or fifty. Or do you think we should all write three minute songs and sink further into the world of commercial bullshit.

its even funnier cause those are actually like the ONLY 3 good songs from that time period :lol:

maybe Man on the Edge also but thats about it ... those albums BLOW

I think I only ever liked him on Sign of the Cross ... think he sounded better on his own
Sign Of The Cross, Clansman, Lord Of The Flies, Man On The Edge, Futureal. All awesome songs imo (though better with Bruce singing)

IIRC DOD was 'mastered' by Kevin Shirley by running and clipping it through some shitty converters or something. 'Someone' in the band liked that sound and hence it came the end product we all know (and some are even able to listen to :p)
I might be talking shit but I'm sure DOD was mastered somewhere else and Steve wasn't happy with the result? Sounded really different to what left the studio or something?

Every maiden record was good for me, until a matter of life and death. Maybe my life has changed a little, along with my tastes but I really didnt like that album and listened to it just a few times (and of course live :lol:) which is blasphemy for me and a maiden record. I cant get into the dry production either and i'm a huge fan here. Dance of death was still fab, and brave new world is one of my long standing favs.

This sounds a bit more interesting than the last, but my bet is that it will be far from a classic. I hope they prove me extremely wrong!

AMOLAD was a grower on me - at first I felt the same as it seems most do, but these days I listen to it at least once a week and find myself playing riffs from it when just doodling around. As for DOD it's like most Maiden albums - I'll always find something to like about it, on a bonus side, I love the "Death on the Road" DVD - the sound is great and even a song like "Dance of Death" comes off wonderfully.

Oh god, Virus. Ruined Maiden forever for me. Nothing past FotD, thank you.

@ratsapprentice: You so crazy.

I might be talking shit but I'm sure DOD was mastered somewhere else and Steve wasn't happy with the result? Sounded really different to what left the studio or something?

Yeah, something like that. He preferred the version Shirley made for him.

Damn, after trying to remember all this crap and figuring out how to put it in english, I'm kind of regretting I said anything in the first place... :lol:

Jind: Do you ever listen to just some track off of AMOLAD or do you listen to the whole album every time?

For me there's only one song that I can listen to on it's own, Out of the Shadows. I don't know why, but when I feel like listening to AMOLAD, I just have to play it from the beginning to the end. For some odd reason it forms some sort of big entity that works best as a whole.

Why? How long should a song be? If it's a good song then it doesn't matter if it is one minute or fifty. Or do you think we should all write three minute songs and sink further into the world of commercial bullshit.

Nobody is talking about "commercial Bullshit" you got it all wrong, I mean, The Rime Of the acient mariner is a GREAT 13 minute long song, Alexander The great is great too, so as 7son of a 7 son, they are long songs but still they felt so natural.

El dorado doesn't have the same expression, It doesn't feel that natural, especially after the 4.30 minute, Maybe it should be a shorter song. IMO.

Yeah, something like that. He preferred the version Shirley made for him.

Damn, after trying to remember all this crap and figuring out how to put it in english, I'm kind of regretting I said anything in the first place... :lol:

Jind: Do you ever listen to just some track off of AMOLAD or do you listen to the whole album every time?

For me there's only one song that I can listen to on it's own, Out of the Shadows. I don't know why, but when I feel like listening to AMOLAD, I just have to play it from the beginning to the end. For some odd reason it forms some sort of big entity that works best as a whole.

Its definitely to be taken as a whole album... it has this epic feel. Maiden knew it... thats why they played the ENTIRE album from start to finish when I saw them on the Matter of Life and Death Tour.

I always listen to it start to finish or at least in segments.