New Maiden

Everything Maiden did up through 7th Son is gold (with the exception of the song "Quest for Fire", which I think is one of the worst metal songs ever because of the lyrics alone).

Everything Maiden did up through 7th Son is gold (with the exception of the song "Quest for Fire", which I think is one of the worst metal songs ever because of the lyrics alone).

Yep, dinosaurs and men never met, well except for Jesus, but he is not a man actually.

jesus_dinosaur1.jpg

Opening night of the tour at Dallas, Tx and alien Eddie (Addie?) comes to visit:

I bet there were at least a few people out there hoping he'd really rip off Janick's head. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike him

a lot

but talk about just being one lucky bastard ... he really has no place being in this band and yet, there he is .... and has been

if they really wanted a 3rd guitarist, they should have just got Roy Z

I'll go on record as liking Janick - I think all three guitarists bring something a little different to the table, add to that the fact that Janick is the most animated of the three on stage and it seems like a perfect fit. Plus, he had been a friend of the band for so long and from the behind the scenes stuff, Maiden really seems like a great big family and they stick up for their own.

I'll go on record as liking Janick - I think all three guitarists bring something a little different to the table, add to that the fact that Janick is the most animated of the three on stage and it seems like a perfect fit. Plus, he had been a friend of the band for so long and from the behind the scenes stuff, Maiden really seems like a great big family and they stick up for their own.

I knew the official grandpa of the forum would agree with me. I agree with you 100% on that dude

Ah, no Maiden topic's complete without some Blaze/Janick discussion and the occasional nod towards Paulie.

Personally, I really don't care much for Janick. He's a clown and a poser but also probably a good guy. His antics are border-lining between entertainment and cringe-worthy embarrassment. He writes a good song about once in a decade and seems to usually be a bit lower in the live mix than Dave or Adrian.

It was Adrian's decision to leave back then so it's not like he forcefully took his position (on the contrary, he actually tried to convince Adrian to come back). In a way he's been the obvious choice for being an acquaintance and already having worked with Bruce. Who knows, if Roy Z would have collaborated with Bruce at that point already, he might have gotten the gig... We'll never know.

Dude (Janick) got the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a "free ride" and took it. He's not even anywhere near the dirt under Adrian's or Dave's boots (talent-wise... but who is?) but he paid back for the opportunity with being super loyal, motivated and easy to work with.

It was kinda a cool move on Harris' part to allow him to stay after Adrian's return even if he's basically a liability. After all, he'd spent about as much time in the band as Adrian.

To sum it up shortly: Janick just doesn't really matter that much.

Ah, no Maiden topic's complete without some Blaze/Janick discussion and the occasional nod towards Paulie.

Personally, I really don't care much for Janick. He's a clown and a poser but also probably a good guy. His antics are border-lining between entertainment and cringe-worthy embarrassment. He writes a good song about once in a decade and seems to usually be a bit lower in the live mix than Dave or Adrian.

It was Adrian's decision to leave back then so it's not like he forcefully took his position (on the contrary, he actually tried to convince Adrian to come back). In a way he's been the obvious choice for being an acquaintance and already having worked with Bruce. Who knows, if Roy Z would have collaborated with Bruce at that point already, he might have gotten the gig... We'll never know.

Dude (Janick) got the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a "free ride" and took it. He's not even anywhere near the dirt under Adrian's or Dave's boots (talent-wise... but who is?) but he paid back for the opportunity with being super loyal, motivated and easy to work with.

It was kinda a cool move on Harris' part to allow him to stay after Adrian's return even if he's basically a liability. After all, he'd spent about as much time in the band as Adrian.

To sum it up shortly: Janick just doesn't really matter that much.

100% agree

Hey, I like Janick too, that makes three of us :)) I just think he's very entertaining to watch on stage, I don't hear his guitar anyway so what is there to lose? I love the idea of the twin solos (Janick and Adrian doing the same solo both at the same time).

Please don't take this the wrong way (I am a Maiden fan from way back. Even drummed in a Maiden Tribute) but is anyone else sick to death of hearing that tremolo picked E string Wasted Years deal? I hear it so much in newer Maiden.

All right, that said I have high hopes for the rest of this disc. Not liking this tune too much but I'm not a "hit single" sort of guy!

As an aside: Playing Rime of the Ancient Mariner with my tribute band is one of my favorite musical memories. I love that shit! Up the IRONS!

I'll go on record as liking Janick - I think all three guitarists bring something a little different to the table, add to that the fact that Janick is the most animated of the three on stage and it seems like a perfect fit.

I agree. So there are four of us here who like Janick. :)