New Maiden

To be honest you might get a tour of NPFTD, FOTD, X Factor and VXI in a couple of years, as they'll do this tour, then festivals next year as the new album will be out, and should be doing another history tour after that.

Then we'll probably get one more album and a tour for it and that'll be it for Maiden I expect :cry:

the mix and the vocals just sound lazy to me, it could be an awesome song - its almost contemptuous pushing out something of this quality from a band that knows and has done so much better

Meh, personally I've heard The Trooper, NOTB, FOTD, HBTN, RTTH, TETMD, etc etc etc etc at loads of Maiden gigs, I'm quite happy to hear a set that focuses on the new stuff as I love the last 3 albums (other than a couple of weaker songs on DOD)

+1 as well.

I think Maiden is doing this strategically. I mean, they've sold what... hundreds of thousands? millions? of their older records to date... and most people probably have them by now... why not focus on newer songs to get people into their new albums to go buy them? Personally, I sometimes find that live shows help give me that extra motivation to go buy an album I've never heard or haven't given much of a chance. I enjoy "El Dorado" much more now having seen them perform it live, as opposed to just the mp3. No I don't think it's going to be the best song off of their new album, but it still got me excited hearing it live. So I for one am glad they focus on newer material to help get older fans into their new stuff, as well as intermingling some older stuff. I have all of their concert DVDs and cds, so it's a breath of fresh air not to pay $60 for the same shit over and over that i've alread seen live a few times or listen to on a regular basis. Time to switch things up. Sorry for my run-on sentences. :) haha

For those commenting on the MP3 mix quality - Bruce agrees with you..... :)

IRON MAIDEN Singer Says 'El Dorado' MP3 'Sounds Like S**t

YES! My point exactly! :) Them playing it live got me more hard than hearing the mp3. :lol:

This song reminds me somewhat of the B-side stuff from the late 80's early 90's. Not sure if that's a good thing (for me).

I'll be seeing them early july and really looking forward to the setlist I've seen posted.
I have been to the World Slavery, Somewhere in time, 7th son, and ed hunter tours. I just hope the person I'm going with doesn't complain as he only really knows Powerslave.

Funny thing... In 1984 I actually went to see Twisted Sister. They were good, certainly Dee Snider was entertaining, but then Maiden came on and it was like I had discovered music for the first time :D

Only a few parts here and there do anything to me. Way too long songs compared to what material they have (the Metallica symptom), and too much like AMOLAD, which I also didn't like for the same reasons. Dull sounding mix, dull structures, mostly dull parts, Bruce trying to reach way too high notes that he can't reach with power anymore, and a lack of catchy melodies.

Only a few parts here and there do anything to me. Way too long songs compared to what material they have (the Metallica symptom), and too much like AMOLAD, which I also didn't like for the same reasons. Dull sounding mix, dull structures, mostly dull parts, Bruce trying to reach way too high notes that he can't reach with power anymore, and a lack of catchy melodies.

I agree (even though I haven't listened to the album)

I don't know why they do so long songs and kinda progressive, instead of straight and catchy songs as they used to.
Why they can't do a better production? They have money enough to do it.
And why the fuck they try to write song in that tones that bruce is unable to reach?

I know I will like the album but honestly, Bruce Dickinson solos albums are much better than actual Iron Maiden.

Anyway can't wait to hear the album
Up the irons.

I'm liking some songs more than others. The Talisman is awesome, Mother Of Mercy is boring.

I quite like the whole "live" feel and the general sound of the last couple of albums (AMOLAD and TFF both could have done with a bit of a treble and bass boost in mastering though) but Kev's done a piss poor job on some of the edits for this album :ill:

Jevil said:
Why they can't do a better production? They have money enough to do it.

They can but they don't need to, they could record it in the basement with kids plastic microphone and it would still sell like crazy...
The simple fact is - THEY DON'T CARE ANYMORE. :lol:
How can anyone not notice it? Just look at their uninspired songwriting, overstretched songs with endlessly repeated phrases... Whatever they record it will fare very well, just because of that logo on the album cover, they have an army of fans and most of them seem to have acquired that Pokemon syndrome (you must buy it, gotta have them all) and they know it...

I know I will like the album

Excuse me - but it leaves me with impression that even if you don't like it, you'll still force yourself to get into it for whatever reason... Is that OC Maiden disorder in the making? :D

but honestly Bruce Dickinson solos albums are much better than actual Iron Maiden.

After the last statement this was the last I'd expect :headbang:
That's exactly what I've been saying all these years, but a typical Maiden fan is too stubborn to accept that... As if it's a sacrilege to proclaim something like that, geez! I mean - Bruce's solo stuff had him and Adrian on board, along with a genius that is Roy Z. They together created two masterpiece metal records (Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding), creating music with various influences and flavors, but often with that strong Maidenish vibe to them...

My conclusion is this:
I somehow feel that's what Maiden should've progressed or (if you like) morphed to. I'm 101% certain that had AOB been issued under IM monicker, it would sell heaps and tons and everyone would be talking about their big comeback after that late 90s flop or whatever - that's how strong their brand and logo is! That's exactly why Harris pulled those two back, otherwise IM would be still playing clubs or retired long ago, it was a pure business decision. While some of that creative spark was still present on BNW it was IMHO dead on the successive record and all after...
Maiden should've thanked Gers and let him go and hire Roy Z instead of him - then we would truly be having masterpieces again...
Now I can only hope Maiden take a long break to let Bruce do another CD by himself :erk:

Sorry for my ranting but when Maiden's concerned I take this new stuff they've been releasing for years as a personal insult...

p.s. Jevil, wasn't taking a piss on you, if it came out that way I apologize as it was not meant that way...

The production is damaging an otherwise interesting record... I can't believe no one's telling them to wake up :(
Please bring Martin Birch back!!!

The production is damaging an otherwise interesting record... I can't believe no one's telling them to wake up :(
Please bring Martin Birch back!!!

They tried but Martin's not interested in producing albums anymore. He's playing golf now.