New Megadeth

Velvet Underground is fantastic...

And even more famous is Lou Reed's "Take a walk on the wild side"!

And when Justice came out, Megadeth released Rust in Peace...!!! A record better than Justice, better than anything Metallica ever did, and ever will do. And btw: I really like Metallica, but Rust in Peace... is Rust in Peace... !

pfff yea, sure. rust in peace better than justice, master or ride the lightning? you must've been drunk when you made that post.

lyrics have been especially bad for a longgg time (and I actually think early Megadeth lyrics up until the late 90s were pretty damn good though cheesy at times) and overall it feels lazy.

Been listening to RIP so much lately and almost every time I listen to the entire album, I just have to think "what the fuck happened?". Not just the music which is obvious, but the lyrics. I mean really, the lyrics were some of the best they've ever written that had both a message and simply fit the song superbly. It started going downhill after that. But then I guess that's what happens when you go mainstream and need to stop pissing everyone off with your political views. :bah:

Rust in Peace > Justice. The mix is so fucking awful on Justice I can't stand it.

I love that album, but I agree. The mix just makes it hard to purposefully listen to.

pfff yea, sure. rust in peace better than justice, master or ride the lightning? you must've been drunk when you made that post.

The only Metallica album that competes with RIP is MoP. Both have their own strengths.

What happened? Dave became a christian redneck. That's what happened. The lyrics on United Abominations are so fucking terrible.

You know what song is the most disappointing off of Thirt3en?

It has everything it needs to be an amazing thrash song, and then he has to add all of the stupid parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
RtL is my favorite as well from a nostalgic perspective, but these days if i listen to metallica i usually reach for AJFA cause its a fuckin riff fest.
Imagine AJFA with Mario Duplantier on drums.

:OMG: