new melodic death metal song

media12

Aug 22, 2009
Switzerland
Hey there

This is my first real post here, so first of all big up to this forum, it’s great and I’m looking forward to learning from it a lot in future.

new song

This is a new song me and my band recorded in my little “home studio” and since I’ve listened to it like a thousand times I’d like to share it with you to see what you think.

There is something I don’t quite like about the overall sound yet, something muddy or undefined, but I don’t know how to fix it.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

really reminds me of clayman era in flames musically, especially the intro part.

as for the muddyness, it's not that bad really....just a matter of different eq i think. try to get the gtrs to be more upfront, the whole thing needs more lowend.

the leads just kicked in, seem a bit on the dull side...more presence would be cool.

what did you use for drums? maybe try to get them more punchy!
vox sound great btw!

hey fragle!

thx very much for your comment man, i've tried a few things you suggested and although i'm still searching for a different guitarsound i think i'm really getting somewhere.
i used superior 2.0 kick toms and snare and dfh for cymbals. i've now added a little bit reverb to the snare and tried some different eq-settings and it's becoming better and better;-)thx again!
i'll post an update as soon as i've found the guitarsound i'd like to have!

any other tips?

have a nice day!

vocals are just a smidget too loud for my taste. sick tune though, you guys kicks ass!