New merch

Another thing...
on the back of the logo only shirt there is a print saying
"I´l wear black until there´s something darker"

dont get me wrong, i love the print, but that text is found on another shirt..
cant remember where it was made, but a friend of mine has it.
was that on purpose? are copyright´s aplyable to shirt designs?
you wont get sued now, will you? :)

I thought it was more along the lines of "I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour" ... Maybe that slight change of words = lawsuit free Katatonia.

I hope to buy it anyway (the idea of black print on a black shirt sounds kickass!) and a My Twin shirt.

Hobo said:
Another thing...
on the back of the logo only shirt there is a print saying
"I´l wear black until there´s something darker"

dont get me wrong, i love the print, but that text is found on another shirt..
cant remember where it was made, but a friend of mine has it.
was that on purpose? are copyright´s aplyable to shirt designs?
you wont get sued now, will you? :)

Im pretty sure ive seen it on a shirt of some kind before. Those exact words too

Big fan of logo-only shirts.

I've found that most bands just have logo-only shrits in girlie shirts... which is disappointing. I've had to make my own as result. Deinonychus, Burzum, The Misfits, Vehemence in this one. I had a Children of Bodom shirt that I made too, but it got lost somewhere. Also made a Katatonia shirt for an ex, as well as a Sigur Ros shirt.

Need to remake a Katatonia shirt for myself apparently... but I will probably buy that black on black shirt. I can live with the wording on the back, I think.

:)

we feel the pricing of our merchandise is more than fair and is actually cheaper than what you'll find on tour. anyone who has been to a major national tour recently knows that shirts can go for $25-30. hoodies can be as much as $50-60. our prices are below that and they end up on your doorstep - sent by way of airmail. put it all into perspective.

also, the "something darker" shirt is a variation of a quote that already exists, we felt the quote was witty and fits perfectly for Katatonia and the theme of that particular shirt - black on black print, something really unique.

if you don't like a particular design or feel you cannot afford a piece of merch, that's cool - you don't have to purchase it. hopefully there'll be a design for everyone.

we're happy with our current pricing/design decisions and feel they are more than fair to everyone involved. also remember, your supporting the band directly from buying via katatonia.com instead of any other place on the web.

thanx

Blakkheim said:
we feel the pricing of our merchandise is more than fair and is actually cheaper than what you'll find on tour. anyone who has been to a major national tour recently knows that shirts can go for $25-30. hoodies can be as much as $50-60. our prices are below that and they end up on your doorstep - sent by way of airmail. put it all into perspective.

Mmm... I'm not argue the fair statement. But I've almost never (indeed in the last Nasum tour) seen that high prices on a gig. Last month I bought a Bolt Thrower LS for something like 15 euro (!!!) on their show. I ordered my Katatonia logo shirt in Germany for 14 euro + P&P. And on actually ALL shows I visited the shirts are cheaper then ordering through mail. Anyway, I surely order my stuff in Europe and most the time on gigs.

the_dying said:
Mmm... I'm not argue the fair statement. But I've almost never (indeed in the last Nasum tour) seen that high prices on a gig. Last month I bought a Bolt Thrower LS for something like 15 euro (!!!) on their show. I ordered my Katatonia logo shirt in Germany for 14 euro + P&P. And on actually ALL shows I visited the shirts are cheaper then ordering through mail. Anyway, I surely order my stuff in Europe and most the time on gigs.

Those indeed are killer deals and in no way reflect the normal pricing of merchandise at the majority of national tours I've been to/participated in. I was at an Opeth gig 3 days ago where t-shirts were $30, hoodies $55. My band has also been on a couple national tours and the pricing was also in this range. The shirts ordered from the web site obviously have the added convenience of being shipped to your door-step. All the prices shown online include shipping. And you have the added bonus knowing what you buy on katatonia.com directly supports the band (and not some merchandising company, as is the case 99% of the time). Anyways, the prices aren't going to change and we feel they are fair.. I'm sure you can always find examples of shirts more/less expensive. So you just gotta decide whats right for you.

the_dying said:

Its strange, ive been to alot of gigs here in Ireland and the merchandise is ridiculously expensive.

I think the price is ok because it´s a way to support the band, it´s not Armani, Dolce&Gabbana and so on..ha ha those Tshirts cost from 50 euros and more...
I don´t know if I ´ll order my shirt from the States however..because is 5 euros more expensive for the ones who don´t live in the USA..but maybe even if Katatonia are European, it´s cheaper for them to print and sell T-shirts from there...
Anyways if I can spare 5 euros for the shipping...maybe I can buy the T-shirt on tour ( if they still cost 20 euros) and with 5 euros I buy a beer ha ha, moreover that I want to see a T-shirt before buying it...I mean there are only drawings of the t-shirts, not real photos...so it´s a bit of a surprise when you get the shirt in your mail-box...
Anyways I guess there won´t be much choice about girlies, so I´ll end up to buy what they have...but in case they have two sizes I´d like to try on both and see which one fits better...so that´s why I prefer to buy clothes directely...
30$ for an Opeth shirt at their gig? that´s like about 25 Euros for ordering a Kata shirt from the USA, where is the killer deal for us European?

ether said:
I mean there are only drawings of the t-shirts, not real photos...so it´s a bit of a surprise when you get the shirt in your mail-box...
Anyways I guess there won´t be much choice about girlies, so I´ll end up to buy what they have...but in case they have two sizes I´d like to try on both and see which one fits better...so that´s why I prefer to buy clothes directely...
30$ for an Opeth shirt at their gig? that´s like about 25 Euros for ordering a Kata shirt from the USA, where is the killer deal for us European?
The images that are up now are based on mock ups of the actual design. So the shirts actually end up being extremely similar to what's shown. If you (or others) want a real photo provided once the shirts come in, that can be arranged. We'll also be making more than one type of girlie shirt, I'm sure, so you'll probably have some choice. We'll eventually put measurements online as well, so you will know exactly what to expect. (They are already up @ http://bloodbath.biz/faq.php -- since we will be using the same brand shirts). Your comment about the $30 Opeth shirt is not accurate, because of course there is no shipping cost if you're getting a shirt at a gig. So if our base cost was 25 euros, then we add at least 5 euros for airmail shipping (shipping is actually more than that to Europe), then you'd be looking at a shirt that is 30+ euros. Instead you're getting a shirt for a comparable price and it's traveling to your door-step. It seems like there is some geniune confusion over the fact we show the price WITH shipping included, interesting..