new Metallica song posted

Holy shit!!!!!
Finally hearing the recently released additional tracks...
The Judas Kiss sounds like it was lifted right from the Justice album.

You know, I have said it for years about Metallica since the BLACK ALBUM.
They tend to choose the SHITTIEST songs from the albums to release as singles.

So far, The Day That Never Comes is the weakest of all the tracks I have heard from Death Magnetic.

If I had heard that song [Judas Kiss] first, then my first post on this thread would have been a 'blind buy' post. James is singing like he should be, ala Black Album, and the overall sound is very Black/Justice'ish. Now, if we can just get Kirk to lay off the wah a bit :lol: .. but seriously, if The Day That Never Comes is the absolute worst of the disc, then I'll give the CD a whirl.

I've listened to the new Metallica album all the way through and I like it.

I don't care if that makes me less of a metalhead. I like what I like.

that's all.

I enjoy the whole cd.

It is the first cd in a loooooooooooooooong time of theirs that I don't have to use the FF button.

I have mine on pre-order at amazon.

circuit city is going to have it for 8.99 and best buy for 9.99

I thought the song was OK, nothing great.

I agree - the song just sounds like it was mixed horribly wrong. Unless they were trying to do it this way on purpose to make it sound like a "garage band" with a raw, overdriven sound, instead of a well polished and produced album for an established band like Metallica.

The snare drums are highly annoying, but one has to wonder if they actually intended it to sound this way? Just a hunch.

circuit city is going to have it for 8.99 and best buy for 9.99

Okay, damnit, I'll probably buy this. It sounds like it's at least decent. (This coming from someone who had sworn off 'Tallica after St. Anguish, from someone who knew Kirk -- via parallel literary interests -- back in the good ol' days, etc.)

Thanks for the scoop on where to find it cheep -- I might actually set foot inside a Circuit City for the first time in 4 years. :lol:

I've heard My Apocolypse several times on Sirus and it's a great song. IMO, that's as metal as anything they've put out since ...And Justice For All. I'll be purchasing this disc when it comes out for sure! :headbang:

~Brian~

I've heard more of Death Magnetic than I ever needed to. To see all the hype about this album and then be left with this crap...well, I guess I should've expected it. I can't quite say it was disappointing, because that would imply that I'd had high expectations of it in the first place. I suppose I was hoping that it might be good, but somewhere in the back of my mind, I held onto the thought that it would not be good.

At best, this album is dull and monotonous. It sounds like a high school garage band ripping off Metallica, only they're doing it wrong, but they think they're so awesome that they don't care. I haven't heard something so uninspired and unoriginal in ages. It's like everyone in the band is learning how to write songs all over again. But rather than give up like they should have done years ago, Metallica will keep plodding along, trying harder and harder each time to write a subpar album that should never have come to fruition. All for money and to hold onto their "glory" (or what's left of it), no doubt. It's utterly pathetic.

Someone said the album was reminiscent of ...And Justice and Master of Puppets at times. Of course it's reminiscent of those albums: the band has ripped themselves off. The only parts in Death Magnetic's songs that are worth anything are (poorly) recycled and re-loaded from previous albums. Everything else is filler, and incredibly dull.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but dang...this album is not good. It's not terrible, but it's certainly not the 4 of 5 stars that Rolling Stone gave it. To be told that Metallica was heading back to their roots and be given Death Magnetic, it just ain't right.

I've heard more of Death Magnetic than I ever needed to. To see all the hype about this album and then be left with this crap...well, I guess I should've expected it. I can't quite say it was disappointing, because that would imply that I'd had high expectations of it in the first place. I suppose I was hoping that it might be good, but somewhere in the back of my mind, I held onto the thought that it would not be good.

At best, this album is dull and monotonous. It sounds like a high school garage band ripping off Metallica, only they're doing it wrong, but they think they're so awesome that they don't care. I haven't heard something so uninspired and unoriginal in ages. It's like everyone in the band is learning how to write songs all over again. But rather than give up like they should have done years ago, Metallica will keep plodding along, trying harder and harder each time to write a subpar album that should never have come to fruition. All for money and to hold onto their "glory" (or what's left of it), no doubt. It's utterly pathetic.

Someone said the album was reminiscent of ...And Justice and Master of Puppets at times. Of course it's reminiscent of those albums: the band has ripped themselves off. The only parts in Death Magnetic's songs that are worth anything are (poorly) recycled and re-loaded from previous albums. Everything else is filler, and incredibly dull.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but dang...this album is not good. It's not terrible, but it's certainly not the 4 of 5 stars that Rolling Stone gave it. To be told that Metallica was heading back to their roots and be given Death Magnetic, it just ain't right.

Well, considering I haven't heard the album, it would be difficult for me to form an opinion as "inclined" as yours. I could care less if this band regurgitates ...And Justice For All a dozen times, at least they're making some decent metal again! It amazes me how people expect a band that's been around for 20 years to keep coming up with new directions with every release. :rolleyes: Heck, if they don't re-release Load and Re-load I'll be happy! :lol:

~Brian~

I heard a couple of more cuts from the new one while browsing through the metal section at a local FYE. IMO, this new smokes anything this band has put out since ...And Justice For All. :kickass:

~Brian~

Picked it up today at Walmart (hey, it's the only place in this podunk town ;))...was happy to see it was in digipak format, cool layered design for the coffin/grave with no band or album name on the front. I've seen jewel cases prior, so I was pleasantly surprised...what format was your guys'?

Front
Inside

*stands and applauds*

I'm honestly disappointed in the metal community as a whole for getting behind this release. I'm not going to say people aren't entitled to their own opinion, but I do feel this is incredibly sub-par for any band's standards. It's a bunch of recycled riffs (as has been stated before) that are poorly sewn together into a bullshit songs. How is this something that people want to listen to and get behind, let alone praise??

Meh, I find it to be a fun ride...maybe I just have lower standards than you
shrug2.gif

Just found this...
METALLICA Box In The UK Misses One Small Thing - The CD!

Fans who purchase the UK pressed box set edition of METALLICA’s ‘Death Magnetic’ album may discover that there is no sound. That is because they forgot to put in the CD. This premium package of the album is priced at $124.99.

Not only is the CD missing from many of the boxes, so is the limited edition lithograph. The box was meant to include a vinyl version of Death Magnetic, a CD and digital version and the lithograph. The vinyl version is a 5-LP set.

A note from the distributor to those who purchased online reads “if you open up the box set you may notice it is missing the lithograph and is also missing the CD”. Opps. How very spinal tap of them. Metallica is released through the Warner imprint Elektra in the United States. It is only the Universal pressings out of the UK for the rest of the world that are effected.

:lol: