NEW MINI-CD & NEW LINE-UP

Doesn't matter, get Destroys Wacken anyways, and yes it is death metal. If you haven't heard it, you need to, everyone should.

Tbh Hypocrisy aint that good :/

EmeticGore: You should try Memfis, they made a cd last year iirc they play progressive death.

Tbh, Virus is one of the best DM albums i have heard.
And i agree with Tumn, you have to see Destroys Wacken, Peter sounds like a beast. I was impressed as hell.

Memfis is very good, seen 'em live. Alot of Opeth-influenses.

if virus is hypocrisy's best....then damn....that sucks..

great album, but id expect better in terms of "the best" from them.
i mean that cd was great to listen to for alittle, but im listening to the cd now, and i cant get into it much anymore.

i just cant get into their slower paced songs...like living to die, a thousand lies, i dunno, thats just me

Tbh Hypocrisy aint that good :/

EmeticGore: You should try Memfis, they made a cd last year iirc they play progressive death.

I'll check 'em out

Oh by the way, on this whole Hypocrisy deal. The only thing really death metal about hypocrisy is the vocals. The drums I don't even want to talk about and the guitar is so mediocre it basically turns me off from them on the spot.

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now so I'm a tad picky with the talent that goes into these bands. I don't want to be able to outplay 90% of the most famous DM bands. Also don't get any assumptions, they don't need insane solo's or technical riffs to be good but they MUST have more than 3 chord progressions per song. I mean, come on..

@wbj08110: I actually hear some BB influense in Virus, think its heave as hell. I doubt its the general thought that its their best though, Its just my opinion.

@EmeticGore: Well, Hypocrisy is melodic DM now, their early stuff (Penetralia,Osculum Obscenum) was pure DM, after that it got more melodic.

And your technical rant is a bit stupid, its Death Metal we are talking about.
Its your opinion to preffer technical stuff but if you get DM-recomendations you should be prepared for some simple music aswell. Imo, peters simple riffs are much heavier than alot of the more technical stuff out there, and the feeling and atmosphere he creates with his melodies is what i love about them.

Incapacity is working on new album, looks like we might have to wait until 2008 before a release though.
A last recomendation that has been mentioned on this forum before... Evocation - Tales from the Tomb.

I actually enjoy Virus, Peters vocals go a lot better with that music, but I think The Arrival is by far their best album.... Though I only actually enjoy 3 full Hypocrisy albums and a few tracks here and there off others.

My brother bought Virus and it came with a DVD, we both though that Peter's vocals sounded pretty weak on it. A lot of the growls were decent but his screams were not very good at all.

Not always easy to talk sense into the senseless, Qth :)

Tumn you're probably the worst person on here for not knowing anything about music lol. You simply act as if you do. If you're not kissing ass, you're ignoring the fact there's plently of other bands out there and there is infact more talented people than peter. Maybe not your preferance but there's shitloads.

"And your technical rant is a bit stupid, its Death Metal we are talking about.
Its your opinion to preffer technical stuff but if you get DM-recomendations you should be prepared for some simple music aswell. Imo, peters simple riffs are much heavier than alot of the more technical stuff out there, and the feeling and atmosphere he creates with his melodies is what i love about them."

Technical rant? I never said anything about technical, maybe you should read that again?

peter does create atmosphere but I've also heard Hardcore and Punk that do the exact same thing the exact same way. Seems people need to do some research on DM around these forums. You can create atmosphere in DM while also knowing how to play your instruments. 1000 notes a minute isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some playing that took time to learn and play that does sound good. If you're looking for heavy/slow sounding music, maybe you should be listening to korn then. I hear they're pretty good ;)

And just because I'm a nice guy I'll suggest the band Death to you all.

You want real talent and real atmosphere? listen to them. The song "Crystal Mountain" is one of my personal favorites

The thing is, I like what I like, and I'm extremely picky about the music that I listen to. I'm not ignoring the fact that there may be more talented bands that you like to listen to, I am sure there is, but I don't care about them. I can't describe how I choose what I like either. It either sounds good to me or it doesn't.

It isn't about kissing ass. To me, stating how good someone is has nothing to do with it either, it is a fact since I enjoy the music that much and I want people to know it and listen to it.

Also, I didn't say Peter is the most talented person there is. Though, in the vocals department, he's by far my favorite and the best. Musically, he's done some great things and I've enjoyed almost all of it. Simple or not, what he does sounds good.

The thing is, I like what I like, and I'm extremely picky about the music that I listen to. I'm not ignoring the fact that there may be more talented bands that you like to listen to, I am sure there is, but I don't care about them. I can't describe how I choose what I like either. It either sounds good to me or it doesn't.

It isn't about kissing ass. To me, stating how good someone is has nothing to do with it either, it is a fact since I enjoy the music that much and I want people to know it and listen to it.

Also, I didn't say Peter is the most talented person there is. Though, in the vocals department, he's by far my favorite and the best. Musically, he's done some great things and I've enjoyed almost all of it. Simple or not, what he does sounds good.

Now that's better, you're learning.
I am nowere near senseless. I understand as good as any that people prefer different things. If you would of had that attitude to start with this would have been avoided instead of "telling" me what I should listen too.

We're good now I beleive.

Technical rant? I never said anything about technical, maybe you should read that again?

No you are right, i put that wrong, i should've said.. argument about simplistic music.

peter does create atmosphere but I've also heard Hardcore and Punk that do the exact same thing the exact same way. Seems people need to do some research on DM around these forums.
You can create atmosphere in DM while also knowing how to play your instruments.

Dont think anyone here said you couldnt.
Just cause some of us also like simple music we need to do research? Please... I was probably listening to Death before you could even spell Osculum Obscenum.
The thing is, i dont care if it took the guy 5 mins or 5 hours to come up with the riff, if I like it I like it.

1000 notes a minute isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some playing that took time to learn and play that does sound good. If you're looking for heavy/slow sounding music, maybe you should be listening to korn then. I hear they're pretty good ;)

When i want heavy and slow i listen to doom or death/doom. :)

Tonight's forecast.. Dark... Continued darkness until morning, followed by partial light, eventually leading to a 90% chance of light. Light continues throughout the afternoon and dim conditions are predicted this evening, eventually followed by continued darkness....