New ND Forum

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
Hey everyone. A quick note to let you know, we are strongly considering dropping this forum when our new subscription expires, and I believe it's up in 6 to 8 months. We have our own set up on the website, and would love to see you regulars who post here migrate there, and sign up. We're not 100% on this idea yet, but when some bands have to pay for this forum, and others don't, it hardly seems fair. So here's the link, check it out and post away.

http://novembersdoom.netfirms.com/forum/nfphpbb/

Yeah that's not cool. I'll sign up when I get home from work and start a "sexy pictures" thread like on the Nevermore board. I've been saving all the pictures of I took of you asleep, Paul, for something like this. :loco:

Novembers Paul said:
Hey everyone. A quick note to let you know, we are strongly considering dropping this forum when our new subscription expires, and I believe it's up in 6 to 8 months. We have our own set up on the website, and would love to see you regulars who post here migrate there, and sign up. We're not 100% on this idea yet, but when some bands have to pay for this forum, and others don't, it hardly seems fair. So here's the link, check it out and post away.

http://novembersdoom.netfirms.com/forum/nfphpbb/[/QUOTE]

Some bands do and don't have to pay?

Depending on cost I'd consider staying here, just for the fact that you can post in all the other band forums too, makes it seem a lot more worthwhile. Might get some people that have never heard of you guys, to wander over here and perhaps become fans too.

Why the fuck is Deron letting some bands go without paying?!

Guess I'll have to come over there once and a while...can't wait to see those sexy pictures of poul :tickled:

One of the other things we are trying to promote is more use of the website. There have been times where we will post news on the site, and not post it here, waiting to see how long it take for the news to be talked about, and either it never does, or one of us brings it up eventually. The website is the word. If it's posted there, it's a done deal. Posts on the forum are not 100% confirmations as of yet.

So, bottom line, we're trying to get more people to visit the site. If the forum is there, it sort of forced people to go there (unless of course you bookmark the forum link.)

Anyway, we may be staying here as well, becasue I too like the fact it's part of a large metal community, and we do get stragglers in here who may not have heard of us. We'll see. All I know is, we won't be paying that amount for this forum again unless shit pickss up here, and it's used more. Otherwise, it's a waste of money. If we can continue to keep the forum for free (like other bands) well then, we'll stay for sure. ;)

So, you guys want us to stay, START POSTING.

<vader>NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO</vader>

that sux man, you must stay here... i'll sign up for the new forum, but this is a great forum. i love the format of it and i think, as you said, it really attracts new people to the band.

Am I the only one who laughed out loud when Vader let out that cry of "NOOoooooo" at the end of ROTS? Between that and the obvious Frankenstein reference with that walk he does off the operating table, I thought it was pretty goddamn funny.

As for the forum thing, I personally don't care where our forum is, as long as it makes practical sense for us. I have nothing against Ultimate Metal, and I like to check out the other forums here, which I plan to do even if we do eventually split. But the fact is, we have a forum that is part of our website already, that is not in use even though we're paying for that to exist as part of our website deal, and we could set it up however we pleased with more options, etc. And I understand some of the reasons why the Search function was taken away here, but it drives me fucking nuts that I can't do searches anymore through old threads. I can't really see what difference it makes to anyone else as to which link they click on in order to post on an ND forum, regardless of who is hosting it. You should be able to make the time to still visit the forums here at UM as well as at our site, I would think? But that's just my opinion, heh.

On the search issue, if all goes well, the new version of this forum software comes out within a week, which I will immediately be implementing, then re-enabling search for some testing. Drives me nuts having it off as well, believe me! The new version of this software has new capabilities specifically to help larger forums when search is used.

Septembers Marc posted a message in our guestbook saying something about having problems logging in or something...not sure if he meant here or at the new forum. Did anyone else have problems getting in, I wonder? Could that possibly have been partial reason for the silence here?