ND-related Geocaching Travelbug

oeyenjo

Nov 13, 2006
Belgium
Hi, i'm planning to create a ND-related Geocaching Travelbug.
The goal of this travelbug will be to travel from Belgium to Chicago and back, returning with the signatures of ND-band members.
The travelbug will be a ND-sticker with room on the backside for signatures.
So on his travel this bug can make some promotion for the band.
You can find more information about geocaching and travelbugs on the official www.geocaching.com site or in wikipedia.
In short :
Geocaching is an outdoor treasure-hunting game.
A Travel Bug is a trackable item that moves from place to place(caches-stashes), picking up stories along the way.

How will the travelbug reach the band-members ?
Probably it will ends up in a Chicago-area location.
What happens then is a question-mark.
But hopefully at a certain point in time someone comes up to you guys and asks for signing it, and then it must be placed back in a cache again and brought back to Belgium where i pick it up.

Is this granted by the band-members?
If yes,I will keep you informed when the Travelbug will start its journey.

PS. Other geocachers on this forum?

TIA

I've read about this, and not sure I fully grasp the "how's and why's" of it all, but hell yeah, give it a go, and we'll see what happens!

Edit: OK. Did some reading up on this, and I think I get it now. Geocaching seems like a neat way to get people out doors, and walking to get some exercise, and attempting to make it fun at the same time. I was surprised to find how much is hidden almost walking distance from my front door.

It may!!!
One of my wife's friend's husband's is into this HARDCORE!
He travels overseas for work a lot, which helps.

He has broughten stuff to the US from Japan, Germany, etc.

If you want to make sure it reaches the Nov Doom guys, write on the back, "Please send me to the Manhole on Halsted St in Chicago"

It may!!!
He has broughten stuff to the US from Japan, Germany, etc.
Two weeks ago i had in my hands a Geocoin which started its journey on August 12 2008 in Monterey (CA), a month later it was in Denver and Mid October the coin was in the Netherlands where i picked it up.
So be quickly in planning your next European Tour:headbang:

I'm actually interested in how this thing is doing. I don 't really understand that website, but if i understand it correctly it's in the netherlands now, but not in the hands yet of someone who is planning to cross the pond?

I'm actually interested in how this thing is doing. I don 't really understand that website, but if i understand it correctly it's in the netherlands now, but not in the hands yet of someone who is planning to cross the pond?

Hey Antzor,
The ND Travel Bug is since Mid December in the Netherlands. It hasn't travelled far :Smug:. Its now located in a Bike-cache where a geocacher must ride 35 Km via several waypoints to find the final location and there he can pickup the ND TB. Its completely up to the geocachers to pick it up or not. Popular places for long distance travelling are airport-caches. I am patient, very patient :headbang:

Two years later since the last post, here's an update about the Novembers Doom Travel Bug.
It's now located in Lisle , close to the Hilton Lisle/Naperville, near the highway
https://coord.info/GC684M1
If it's close enough to pick it up, give me a sign, so maybe i can secure (virtually) the location.

If you need more information, please let me know

gtx, Johan