New NEVERMORE Video To Make Headbangers Ball Debut; Band Commences Writing Process

That video is is brilliant, much better than most of the others. I'm gonna go as far as to call all you who don't like it dumb.

interesting...looks like a stuart gordon film hahahahah

10/10

That video sucks, sorry. The live footage doesn't even remotely match what's happening in the song. I seriously hope they didn't pay more than $5.

EXCEPT, the Lioness part. That part was superb.

Edit: I just watched this video again: TWO Lioness parts!!

Hmm, I saw 4 lioness shots......Love the tree shot.

I do indeed like this video, odd it is, yet to the point. And as someone said, is this Jaxx live video? Can't tell from the youtube vid.

any video and any airplay is a good thing for NM, the real issue here is why the fuck did it take so long to get another video out...???? they could have used the extra pub while they were on tour!

When headbangers ball plays your band it means.

1. You suck

2. Close to sucking

3. You're not metal.

I disagree on this. Yes, the majority of videos on Headbangers do suck, but every once in a while a good video will be shown like classic Maiden, Savatage, Cannibal Corpse, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Strapping Young Lad, etc... Also, Nevermore doesn't suck, aren't close to sucking and never will suck. And yes, NEVERMORE are Metal.

I disagree on this. Yes, the majority of videos on Headbangers do suck, but every once in a while a good video will be shown like classic Maiden, Savatage, Cannibal Corpse, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Strapping Young Lad, etc... Also, Nevermore doesn't suck, aren't close to sucking and never will suck. And yes, NEVERMORE are Metal.

I saw Enslaved on there once. I dont dislike the show because they play bad metal, its MTV what do you expect? I dislike it because the atmosphere is dull as hell. I dont have anything against that Hatebreed guy but he really doesnt have the charisma to host a tv show. Why not get some trampy but hot girl like Fuse had, that'll boost ratings.

Really?
Will you share your notes? Why this video is so brilliant?
Seriously, I want to hear your opinion, D :)

Primarily because the imagery fits the song. The allegorical images allude to the venomous social commentary of the lyrics. To me, the images visually lament mans spiritual vapidity. Quite simply, we are paying for the fact that we've allowed ourselves to become spiritually sick.

Despite what I said earlier, I don't really mind/care if anyone doesn't like the video. I'd just like to ensure everyone considers the entire thing more holistically, rather than dismissing it off hand because it fails to conform to the over-glossed and vacuous metal video stereotype.

P.S - :wave:

I sure as hell hope they didn't pay more than five bucks to make that video because anyone coulda done it and done it a hell of a lot better. I don't mind that it's not glossed but the atmosphere is all wrong. If I wanted trailer trash I'd go to Kentucky. The shots and editing were bad as well. These days it's easy to make anything look better than that. All you need is a decent camera and avid. Don't tell me this is not the stereotypical bad metal video.

It wasn't and my gripe wasn't about it looking dirty but that the atmosphere was wrong in my opinion and the shots & editing were bad.