New Nightwish date in Atlanta

I really enjoy the preparty, as well. I'll probably be seeing Nightwish in SF, so I doubt I'll go to the show in Atlanta. My friends and I are getting in Wednesday night, as usual, so I guess we'll have to make our own preparty on Thursday. :Spin:

To clarify a bit on the Masquerade and public transportation -- the Masquerade is on North Avenue, due east of the North Avenue MARTA rapid-rail station. It CAN be walked and on a typical metal show-day you'll see fans walking along North. I'd suggest walking in a group, though. The area isn't insanely unsafe, but it is a bit unsavory.

But, this should be an academic discussion because we all know the Nightwish show will be happening at Earthlink, riiiiiiight? :D

If Nightwish does play at Earthlink Live on Wednesday night, I suppose there could still be some pre-party bands performing in Vinyl (the adjacent club) before the main set began. It would require coordination between Shane, Glenn and the Earthlink Live's people, but it would only encourage a larger crowd.... I think it would be an amazingly cool thing to pull off, m'self; a pre-party and an excellent main show, all in one night in the same building.

Pellaz said:
If Nightwish does play at Earthlink Live on Wednesday night, I suppose there could still be some pre-party bands performing in Vinyl (the adjacent club) before the main set began.

I thought the nightwish show is Thursday?

Considering school and the extra expense the only reason i am contemplating being their thursday night is the nightwish band. besides my birthday is the 22nd of septermber, so if i go man i am going all out.

NIGHTWISH: More Rescheduled U.S. Tour Dates Revealed - Feb. 9, 2005

More dates have been announced for NIGHTWISH's rescheduled U.S. tour, which is now slated to kick off in early September. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Sep. 06 - B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York, NY
Sep. 09 - Jaxx Nightclub - Springfield, VA
Sep. 12 - House of Blues - Cleveland, OH
Sep. 13 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
Sep. 15 – Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
Sep. 16 - House of Blues - Orlando, FL
Sep. 18 - Ridglea Theater - Fort Worth, TX
Sep. 19 - White Rabbit - San Antonio, TX

As previously reported, NIGHTWISH were forced to postpone their U.S. tour because of "commitments close to home [Finland] on the part of vocalist Tarja Turunen," according to the group's U.S. record label, Roadrunner.

Should I buy tickets for this now at ticketmaster, or wait until the possible venue change? If I bought them for the masq..and it was switched to Earthlink...will the tickets still be honored there?

Well I was originally going to see them in Dallas/FW but I doubt we would be able to make it up there on the 19th after going to PP, so it looks like if we want to see them it will have to be in Atlanta.

Harvester said:
Update: The ball is rolling, but there is nothing resolved as of tonight. As soon as I hear something (possibly as early as tomorow), I'll will post here. Do not worry about the NW show selling out quickly. This is Atlanta...not New York. I will know in plenty of time one way or another.

cheers,

Glenn H.

Thanks Glenn for keeping us all informed. I'm guessing this was a curveball that you didn't know was coming and now you've got something else on your hands to do that you weren't expecting. I really appreciate the effort (and if the NW management are of sane mind, they will too).

After the last Nightwish tour, I read an interview where Tarja complained about a number of the venues being crappers (not her exact words). Having NW play at Earthlink Live appears is in everyone's best interest, especially Nigthwish's. Unless they are bound by contract, why would they want to play in front of the same number of fans (or less) at the Masquerade :yuk: instead of Earthlink Live? :Spin: .

Bands reschedule all the time. I doubt that Nightwish would have had a "guarantee" this far in advance. Sometimes venues pay the bands a set amount no matter what the ticket sales, rarely in advance. This far in advance I'm sure they (Masq) would have no problem rescheduling a weeknight gig.

Granted, it's not that good for the Masq, but 7 months notice is a lot better than 1 month which is when a lot of cancellations usually happen.

FatesFan said:
I thought the nightwish show is Thursday?

Yeah, duh. My mind was inadvertently making ProgPower Week longer than it really is. :)

Question now is, since the NW show appears to be headed toward the Masquerade.....would a pre-party be possible there? It could only be in the Masquerade's best interest; they have the room for bands to perform downstairs as well as upstairs, and it would be a lot more money for their bar.....

Glenn, email is on the way.

So I went ahead and got tickets...Just in case..

I don't think it will be an issue for PP attendees to get to the venue.
If it is a nice day, you can easily walk there; although, it is a bit over 3 miles from Earth Link ,or you can use MARTA to get closer.

As for getting back to the hotels, it will be late, so you may not be able to take MARTA. However, I'm willing to take people back to their hotels. I have other friends going who would probably also be willing to do this. We can make as many trips as needed (After all it is only 3 miles).

I will post this again closer to the festival.

Robin

guardian26 said:
Damn, the pre-party is one of the coolest parts of ProgPower. Hanging out with various band members and everyone getting primed for the big show the next two nights. It'd be a shame to loose that perk. I mean, waiting in line to get my cd signed is great, but getting it out of the way the day before means i never have to miss any music.

I agree 100% with you... last year was my first pre-party experience and WAS GREAT !!!!!!!!