New Nightwish date in Atlanta

ReaLM said:
So I went ahead and got tickets...Just in case..

I don't think it will be an issue for PP attendees to get to the venue.
If it is a nice day, you can easily walk there; although, it is a bit over 3 miles from Earth Link ,or you can use MARTA to get closer.

As for getting back to the hotels, it will be late, so you may not be able to take MARTA. However, I'm willing to take people back to their hotels. I have other friends going who would probably also be willing to do this. We can make as many trips as needed (After all it is only 3 miles).

I will post this again closer to the festival.

Robin

MARTA trains run until about 1AM, the busses are a bit less predictable...so it all depends on when Nightwish starts. Though, as any one who has been to the Masquerade knows, the shows NEVER start on time, so it very well may be an issue.

I think setting up a car pool is an awesome idea for those staying out of walking distance. I'd be willing to help out if need be.

-Katie

This is interesting, "The band will be bringing along "one surprise European act" on this stretch of dates." You can read more here on SMNnews.com.

Bad Girl Tess said:
Is the Masquerade 21 and up or 18 and up? Thanks!
It's all ages for shows in Heaven. The Masquerade is divided into three sections, Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory. Hell and Purgatory are downtairs, with Heaven, the main venue, is upstairs. Hell has a small stage that can be used for local openers, or headliners (as Atreyu and King Diamond are scheduled to play Hell) while Purgatory is just a bar. All three sections do have bars. However, on concert nights, Hell and Purgatory are often closed, depending on the night.

Fn Dan said:
It's all ages for shows in Heaven. The Masquerade is divided into three sections, Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory. Hell and Purgatory are downtairs, with Heaven, the main venue, is upstairs. Hell has a small stage that can be used for local openers, or headliners (as Atreyu and King Diamond are scheduled to play Hell) while Purgatory is just a bar. All three sections do have bars. However, on concert nights, Hell and Purgatory are often closed, depending on the night.

Hey thanks for the info ya'll ... you too Lady Space!

Just got my tickets! Yay :Spin:

freakchylde said:
The masq is the worst venue for them. I'd be willing if it was at the Tabernacle or ELL, but not the masq.
The Tabernacle is definitely not a possibility, considering it won't even come close to selling out the Masquerade.

ReaLM said:
So I went ahead and got tickets...Just in case..

I don't think it will be an issue for PP attendees to get to the venue.
If it is a nice day, you can easily walk there; although, it is a bit over 3 miles from Earth Link ,or you can use MARTA to get closer.

As for getting back to the hotels, it will be late, so you may not be able to take MARTA. However, I'm willing to take people back to their hotels. I have other friends going who would probably also be willing to do this. We can make as many trips as needed (After all it is only 3 miles).

I will post this again closer to the festival.

Robin

And it's only about a $10 cab ride from the Faifield...

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind. We keep saying it won't sell out, but ProgPower being the same weekend up's the probable # of people at least two fold. It would really suck if the local crowd can't get in because it's sold out to other people where Nightwish might be going as well.

kind of like how our fairfield hotel is booked solid because of other people. pretty much the same thing. if this happens, we'll just have to harrass the PP attendees at the door!

Hold off on buying tickets or contacting the Masquerade about the show until Glenn confirms that it's definitely a no-go for Earthlink, folks........ I note he hasn't done so quite yet.

Fn Dan said:
The Tabernacle is definitely not a possibility, considering it won't even come close to selling out the Masquerade. Besides, the Tabernacle actually has worse sound than the Masquerade, which is hard to believe but true. Unfortunately at this point, it's very unlikely (actually more like it's not gonna happen) that the Nightwish show will get moved to Earthlink.

Well, as much as I love nightwish, not gonna ruin that love for them by seeing them at the Masq. If it does get moved to ELL, I'll consider it. But I'm also irked that they moved the date like this. If it had stayed in April, I'd be there, but I was looking forward to the pre-party.