New Odin's Court CD! Free Downloads!

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
Here is the deal. We're working on a new CD due out in December of this year. It will be 8 of our old songs with new arrangements and 3 new members rerecorded, plus a handful of acoustic tracks (new songs, old songs redone, and solo pieces).

We're posting 3 of them here for all to check out for free, however if you download them, we please ask that you post your comments here. These are demos, and are not final. The vocals will be redone, as will some of the levels, panning, effects, etc. But this is definitely a good quality version that will hopefully create some listening enjoyment for all!

Utopian Rust

D2C

Paradise Lost: Chapter 1 (Acoustic)

Also, if you like what you hear, you can preorder the disc. More here on our website.

Metal on!
- Odin's Court
:headbang:

OdinsCourt said:
I know more people are downloading them (our transfer rate is huge this month). Comments? :D

all 3 are very kick ass, i was going to try to order them starting with my favorite, but it was too hard.

they all have different feels to them, and each are awesome. so id thought id type a somewhat of a review on the three for the band wanting feedback, and any other fans/metalheads that decide to stop in :D

His Dark Materials
-very awesome. i really like the music, just after the intro where the keyboards come in, very well put together. i like how the drums keep you on suspense, kinda like, waiting for that next beat all the time. i will also say the solo kicks supremely huge ass! :headbang: then when the harmony comes in, aah that's what im talking about. then the time change after it, a slower part, then lead comes in. very very cool.

Utopian Rust
-i like that guitar riff alot to start the song. and then how the drums and 2nd guitar hit on the 1st note, 2 times, then the 3rd time instead of letting the cymbals/2nd guitar ring out you stop it, i liked that alot. then, the verses got me on this song, i really liked them. it sounds very emotional filled, then the bridge inbetween them and the 1st/2nd solo, that is really really cool. i like the transfer from it back to the verses. the end, i love how the intro riff repeats and changes up at the end to give it that BOOM ending, like on the edge.

Paradise Lost: Chapter 1 (acoustic)
-i love this song. ive always been a huge fan of acoustic song such as these. with a lead going off. then the singer's always perform amazingly on these types song, as is done here. i love the vocals here!!! aah yes, kick ass! the guitar really gets me, especially, like i already said, when the lead goes off into a solo over the rhythm. then that sudden stop around 148, that rules. it's unexpected, and i love it when a song goes somewhere else than what im thinking. yep, then there comes that solo again...an awesome sound indeed. PAARAADIIIIIISE IS LOOOOAAOOSST! yes, yes, yes, i want more! i like that part alot.

great samples over all, i enjoy very much! i look forward to purchasing the new cd.

//greg :headbang:

Rick Pierpont said:
Hey Greg,

Thanks for the feedback! Now if we could get even more people to follow suit that would kick ass! And don't worry, we want to hear the bad stuff too. So bring it on people!

sure thing.

ah yes, well i'm not lying...there wasn't anything when I heard these that i thought "i dont like that" or "i wish they did something different right here", so ill have pass on the bad stuff this time! hah. :D

well, i have a 4 day weekend here...so thought id drop by a give a different view on those 3 songs. it's more like personal opinion/feel...anyway i thought it may interest someone.

His Dark Materials
well, the trilogy. it probably would be different if i haden't read the book. i find it just an awesome song i love to rock out too, and when going fast in a car with windows down :headbang:

Utopian Rust
this got me really thinking, this one did. it love it because, the lyrics, the feel, kinda leaves you on the edge. after i listen to the song, i either listen to it again or think about it. it's not something ill just move on, my mind gets hooked on it.

the first verse, "littered lies in deep mistrust" followed by "what does it mean?" get's me in that 'unknown' feel...if anybody can identify with that. this is a jsut a real mind-capturing song for me, which i think is perfect for what i understand the lyrics to mean.

"answers flow freely, but questions are not seen". this got me thinking also...do we hold the answers but not what they answer? and then there is another question, for me it's like a strange, unsual, and confusing circle, i really do enjoy it.

the chorus "we are driven by fate, you say". it makes me think...are things decided for us? "wastes dead state, minds to confiscate". then it gets me thinking...maybe things are only decided for us if we think they are. perhaps the more we believe in fate, the more real fate becomes...such the line "minds to confiscate" means to me.

Paradist Lost: Chapter 1
ah yes, my favorite of the 3 i do believe. well, the reason this may be one of my favorite is the lyrics(and delivery) and music put me in 2 different type moods, but they fit, i wont attempt at describing that as im sure none will understand anyway.

alright well, this is something i enjoy listening to in nature the most. i don't like modern or man-made structures/sounds near me when i listen to this...it gives me the feel of nature and 'evil-peace' as i call it.

it makes me feel freely trapped...like im in a cage, but im free in that cage. the picture i get in my mind is actually like im in space, everything's swirling, spinning around and im unsure of it all, but, im free in being that.

the lyrics, while they do (for me) hint of somekind old (perhaps ancient) battle of some kind. however, to me, i don't mean a battle between 2 armies...but between one. it's like the battle of mankind, with the 'other side' mankind. something that happened at the start of it all, to see who would prevail and control. and the brave fall...and the blood that was shed could be forgotten or lost. it remains in the earth, and in all of us. and while the black may have won, like i had jsut said, that blood of the brave is still in us, which is why the battle remains today.

"paradise is lost". the dream they all had, we all have, is lost and gone...but the thought still remains. and "mankind awaiting a new world's birth". for me this symbolizes the birth of another to take up the sword, and hold the battle once more, but, i don't believe that will happen while we remain...maybe when we are all gone, all perish, a new world will be born.

im sure for most this isnt what it means to them, nonetheless, i thought it may interest a few.

//greg

Greg, thanks soooo much! That was really great to read. :) I love seeing others interpretations of lyrics as well as the mood and feelings someone gets when listening to stuff. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. :D

By the way, did you get my last message on MySpace? If not, I'll send you a PM here or another message there.

Thanks again for all you do! :)

Greg,

To re-iterate what Matt already said, "thanks!" That was very cool! You have obviously put much thought into this and I think that is really amazing!

I'm really glad that you are enjoying our music (and lyrics) so much! I can't wait for you to hear the new songs we are working on -- the lyrics are shaping up quite nicely too!

I'm sure we'll be chatting sometime soon.

Thanks again!

Take care.

dude, guys, ok...id just like to repeat what ive said a bunch of times, i fuckin love paradist lost. one of the most beautiful things ever to grace my ears...not a day i havent heard in since, and that is no bullshit!! i fuckin love this song!!!!

Well, I just downloaded them all. The opening on Utopian Rust is amasing. The music on all of these songs is great, and all the guitar is insane. The only part I dont like is the singing. It wounds a bit unpilished, but as you said the vocals will be redone (the chanting however on Utopian Rust is GREAT!). These songs were very nice.

I must say that this was the first time I have ever heared your work (just came to this board becasue of the band name.

Well, I just realised that this thread is over 1 month old...