Odin's Court New CD Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
Hey folks, we're very disappointed to say that Gordon will no longer be joining us.

After the announcement was made, Gordon decided that several aspects of being in Odin’s Court were more than he could handle, and he told us he could no longer perform with us. We tried to hash things out with him, but he was unwilling to talk with us further. We're sorry for the disappointment this may cause people; we are quite frustrated with the situation ourselves.

Rest assured Odin's Court will press on as always, and the CD will be JUST AS GOOD without Gordon, just different. We'll have some guest vocalists on the CD to maintain the dynamic and interaction with the singing, and it is possible that Gordon may be up for a track as well.

Stay tuned for more!

This is an interesting development to say the least. After a couple spins of the album, I was a fan of your vocal style. But after hearing this clip I can hear where the band is going. I think that you guys have a lot of opportunity ahead with this as well, since you'll have three people capable of singing. Many bands out there can barely find one. The choral arrangement opportunities, the dueling voices, the change of pace with a different voice, all of that will be interesting to hear as you guys move on.

Best of luck :)

This is an interesting development to say the least. After a couple spins of the album, I was a fan of your vocal style. But after hearing this clip I can hear where the band is going. I think that you guys have a lot of opportunity ahead with this as well, since you'll have three people capable of singing. Many bands out there can barely find one. The choral arrangement opportunities, the dueling voices, the change of pace with a different voice, all of that will be interesting to hear as you guys move on.

Thanks dude! Yes, things are definitely looking good and the numerous voices will make for some interesting arrangements. BTW, we currently have four that will be singing. Our bassist and keyboardist are the only one who don't sing (but can). We are all very much looking forward to what the future has in store!

As I posted in the PP forum, I consider Rick & Matt to be dear friends of mine. That being said, the multi-vox format is what will bring OC to the next level, and onward to bigger & better things, IMO. I know it must have been a tough decision, but you guys made the right choice. Time will tell, you'll see!
:)

J-Dubya

I can only wish my good friends in Odin's Court all the best! Gordon Tittsworth will take Odin's Court to levels we can only hope to dream of. It will rule!

Seasons greetings!

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to post your thoughts. You rock! :)

And thanks for the compliments on my vocals - it's because of people who were fans of my vocals that I decided not to give them up entirely. And it will an extra element that will help us rock that much more with all the situations you just named - dueling leads, harmonies, change of pace, etc..

As I posted in the PP forum, I consider Rick & Matt to be dear friends of mine. That being said, the multi-vox format is what will bring OC to the next level, and onward to bigger & better things, IMO. I know it must have been a tough decision, but you guys made the right choice. Time will tell, you'll see!
:)

J-Dubya
:cool:

You are THE MAN!!!!! I appreciate your support. You're a good friend to us!

Yes, a tough decision, but I agree with you - one that will help the band out in the long run. :headbang:

Hey Matt, this morning a thought hit me about your vocal melodies. Are you a big fan of Simon & Garfunkel? While its not an obvious similarity, there is something about the melodies which really reminds me of some of their phrasing.

Well ain't this a "tits worth" of news. I just got the albums and I dig the vocals; but anyone that can step down from that spot up front and pass the mic to someone else must know what's best for the band. I look forward to future material.

:headbang:

Hey Matt, this morning a thought hit me about your vocal melodies. Are you a big fan of Simon & Garfunkel? While its not an obvious similarity, there is something about the melodies which really reminds me of some of their phrasing.
I have heard their big hits ("Sound of Silence", "Mrs. Robinson", etc.), but I'm kind of ashamed to say I never bought any of their stuff. :erk: I love what I've heard though. So if the phrasing bears similarities to that, it is by coincidence, though I'm flattered that you think they do since Simon and Garfunkel where amazing song writers and had great vocal melodies/harmonies!

Well ain't this a "tits worth" of news. I just got the albums and I dig the vocals; but anyone that can step down from that spot up front and pass the mic to someone else must know what's best for the band. I look forward to future material.

:headbang:
Glad you like the albums! :)

Well, like I said above, I'll still be singing some lead. Gordon and I will share the "lead vocalist" role, but he will sing a little more than me. When I'm not singing lead (and Gordon doing harmony), I'll be singing harmony (while Gordon does lead).

The main point is to add a different sound to the vocals and add another dimension to them by the play we'll get off each other. So I'm not stepping down per se, I'm just limiting things and sharing it with someone else. :)

Think of bands like Pink Floyd, The Eagles, 311, The Beatles, Lincoln Park, etc. that have multiple lead singers. :saint:

This should be a cool addition. I entertained the idea of asking Gordon to do vocals for my stuff if I stopped doing instrumentals, but of course I haven't stopped ;)

Can't wait to see the next show with him!

Well that sucks. Sorry it didn't work out. I know the album will kick ass anyhow.
Thanks dude! You rock!! It is disappointing, but we will not fall or let this slow us down.

I also saw your post on the PP forum about Dark Funeral. Not into them or that style of music, but I just thought it was awesome that you plan on getting tickets from one of the local openers!! If I knew anyone from either band, I'd recommend someone, but I don't. You are a true fan and supporter of the scene! I can't wait to meet you at PP in October (unless it is at another show between now and then). Do you come to the DC area often?

Hey guys,

Sorry that it did not work out with Gordon. No bother! No matter what, I still consider you guys to be the future of progressive metal, and your next album will be one for the record books!

On the record...over the last year Odin's Court and Images Of Eden have become close friends of mine who I wish I could speak to more. I owe everything that RFUSA has accomplished in the last year to the kindness and humility of the awesome individuals of both bands!

You guys rock, no matter what! See you soon, we hope! :)

Rick: Got your phone message! Unfortunately our answering machine cut it off. Give me a call soon if ya can! Andrea, Keith, Lori and I send our best to the whole Odin's Court family!

Status
Not open for further replies.