Odin's Court New CD Update

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
It’s been a while since an update, so we’d like to touch base with our fans/friends.

Odin’s Court is about to embark on our biggest year yet! We have a series of exciting announcements we’ll be releasing in the next couple of weeks! Things from our next CD to live shows to our lineup.

For now, we can say that our next CD will be the best yet. We’ve gotten it 99% written, and it will be a concept album. Matt upgraded his studio with a bunch of top quality equipment, and recording should start in January.

Stay tuned for more!

HELL YEAH, Matt!!

Definitely going to be a HUGE year and I can't wait!! Very exciting! So much great stuff going on...

The new material is killer -- some of which is our most adventurous (and technical) to date, yet retaining a great sense of song. And with the serious studio upgrade? Wow!

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Can't wait guys.

Ya know what I'd love to here you guys tackle? I think its Burning witch off of 'ship arriving too late to save a drowning witch," that Zappa said was of his bands most challenging pieces. I think you guys could do justice.

Also if you guys did a Liszt piece... yeah.

awesome news!
Thanks! I agree ;)

Cheiron said:
Can't wait guys.

Ya know what I'd love to here you guys tackle? I think its Burning witch off of 'ship arriving too late to save a drowning witch," that Zappa said was of his bands most challenging pieces. I think you guys could do justice.

Also if you guys did a Liszt piece... yeah.
Cool! Neither can I/we! Definitely a LOT of excitement in the OC camp right now. Our announcements will clarify that better. ;)

Cool. Thanks! I'll have to check that out to see what you think we'd be good at.

We did a piece of Beethoven's 9th that appears on our DVD (Court is Now in Session). That is one tough piece to play! You may very well enjoy that too!

I keep forgetting to watch the DVD. Will do that soon!

My recommendation was purely based on how you guys should continue to tackle on difficicult/challenging pieces while still putting out your great original material. I just like to hear it. Especially since I can't play that stuff.... yet.

Thanks! I agree ;)

Cool! Neither can I/we! Definitely a LOT of excitement in the OC camp right now. Our announcements will clarify that better. ;)

Cool. Thanks! I'll have to check that out to see what you think we'd be good at.

We did a piece of Beethoven's 9th that appears on our DVD (Court is Now in Session). That is one tough piece to play! You may very well enjoy that too!

I would shit a glass covered brick to hear OC do ANY Zappa!

Oh, and Rick, what I heard,sounds really good, but I do have a slight complaint....Not a biggie, have no fear! ;)

J-Dubya - If you do Zappa, be prepared for a couple of critical ears! :heh:

I would shit a glass covered brick to hear OC do ANY Zappa!

Oh, and Rick, what I heard,sounds really good, but I do have a slight complaint....Not a biggie, have no fear! ;)

J-Dubya - If you do Zappa, be prepared for a couple of critical ears! :heh:
JayDub, you and you 101 uses for glass!! :lol: Yeah, I don't know to expect that anytime soon as we are super busy learning our own impossible new material.

Yeah, I figured you'd LOVE the new PoS! Hahahaha!!! Just wondering since it is a lot heavier! No worries, I don't. So much better than Be, just wish he wasn't such a political tool.

I'm sure of that!

Just for clarification, that IS POS I'm talking about. Musically good, but Daniel just gets on my nerves!

Pass the gauze,

J-Dubya
:lol: Such a prog snob! ;) I'm with you on DG getting on the nerves. As big a fan as I am, there was a long period of time that I couldn't bring myself to listen to PoS because of his outspoken politcal viewpoints. Its just relaly been recently that I've even begun to spin any of their disks again.

Oh well, at least I seriously doubt you'll ever have to worry about seeing them live on stage in the US again. :(

It’s been a while since an update, so we’d like to touch base with our fans/friends.

Odin’s Court is about to embark on our biggest year yet! We have a series of exciting announcements we’ll be releasing in the next couple of weeks! Things from our next CD to live shows to our lineup.

For now, we can say that our next CD will be the best yet. We’ve gotten it 99% written, and it will be a concept album. Matt upgraded his studio with a bunch of top quality equipment, and recording should start in January.

Stay tuned for more!

Kick-ass! I was about to ask what the hell is up with you guys since I've heard nada from you all. The last time I've heard/seen anything was at that Zero Hour show nearly two and half months ago!

I'd love to sit in a recording session of your new album just once, more as I am curious as to what actually goes on there at the studio.

Anyway, I also finally got my damn car back after wrecking on the way home from that Zero Hour show in that fucking rainstorm! 2 months and 11-fucking-thousand dollars later! Yes eleven thousand dollars! Damn surprised the insurance didn't total the damn thing. I am almost afraid to see what my insurance rates are going to be for next year!

But anyway, I am so looking forward to seeing you guys again at some future show. Maybe later this spring, when the skiing is done, I'll have to come make a drive down there for a visit to Matt or somebody. To be honost, I actually miss you guys. I've never had so much fun than I did at that Zero Hour show. I hope with all hope that we all get to do something like that again!

I'd love to sit in a recording session of your new album just once, more as I am curious as to what actually goes on there at the studio.

Lots of nakedness. OC's cds are recorded strictly in the nude.
Shorty bath robes, hot toddys, and some grilling.......

:lol:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.....
YES! I am KIDDING!
(maybe! :heh:)

J-Dubya

Damn you!!!! And I thought your visits and our phone conversations were kept quiet! I can't believe you released that kind of info to the public! :oops:

I'm just so bitter that when I showed up in my Daisy Dukes, belly shirt, and baby oiled (& shaven) tummy, you guys wouldn't let me "hang out" :D

Heheheheheheheheheheeh!

J-Dubya