Odin's Court New CD Update

Just a quick update on the CD: recording continues at D2C Studios. We're in a wrapping up preproduction and getting into the real meat stage. We're still hoping to have all the music recorded by our California gig in May. Vocals will be done after that.

Just wanted to let everyone know where we are on the new CD!

John has recorded all of the drums, but he still has some percussion left.

Savino has recorded everything but his solos, and he'll be doing that tomorrow (03/24).

Craig has recorded all his bass.

Matt has recorded 85% of his guitar.

Rick has recorded about 33% of his guitar.

We'll be finishing up recording the music through April, including some critical listens for performance/arrangement and hopefully cap this off by the beginning of May.

Then it will be on to the vocals! We plan on doing some experimenting here, including lots of vocal layers.

This CD is going to be a huge jump in evolution for us, so we're really excited. The material is more diverse/dynamic, but the core Odin's Court sound is still there. We'll be releasing more information about it in the coming months, so stay tuned!

Someone light a fire under Mr. 33%! :heh:
(I still can't believe the MM needs a refret already.....JEEZE!)

Lookin' forward to hearing this stuff!

Someone light a fire under Mr. 33%! :heh:
(I still can't believe the MM needs a refret already.....JEEZE!)

Lookin' forward to hearing this stuff!
Bite me, cheese boy! :heh:

I know! I'm surprised too, but apparently, its quite common with those because of the fret wire they use. Sounds great, plays great, but wears sooner. :( EBMM also doesn't rake you as hard for a refret either.

So am I!! I have to tell you, what I've heard so far is really turning out awesome! The production of this CD is FAR surpassing that of anything we've ever done in the past! Musically, its all over the place... heavy, mellow, super crunchy, slow, fast, melodic, technical, loud and in your face, quiet and subdued. This new material is significantly more difficult than stuff we have done in the past, but still very melodic and song-oriented. The whole band is VERY excited about this new disk!

Come to BAR Fest or to the "super secret" show we are playing in August :)lol: ) and you'll hear some of it too!

Don't sing it, BRING it, sweet-cheeks! :lol:

I wonder why they use whatever they do for their fretwire?
(and WHAT they are using - balsa wood????) Now we know why JP has to have like 17 of them on tour with him.....
I think only Eric Johnson could tell the metal/alloy content of the frets...:heh:

You guys should put a completed demo on your myspace page, when the time comes. I'm still awaiting the final verdict of which Zappa tune you guys could cover... Do a good job on the FZ and make IA (& me) happy! :D

If I didn't have to buy the damn car, I'd be at the shindig in TX as well as BARFest..... :(

J-Dubya

Bite me, cheese boy! :heh:

I know! I'm surprised too, but apparently, its quite common with those because of the fret wire they use. Sounds great, plays great, but wears sooner. :( EBMM also doesn't rake you as hard for a refret either.

So am I!! I have to tell you, what I've heard so far is really turning out awesome! The production of this CD is FAR surpassing that of anything we've ever done in the past! Musically, its all over the place... heavy, mellow, super crunchy, slow, fast, melodic, technical, loud and in your face, quiet and subdued. This new material is significantly more difficult than stuff we have done in the past, but still very melodic and song-oriented. The whole band is VERY excited about this new disk!

Come to BAR Fest or to the "super secret" show we are playing in August :)lol: ) and you'll hear some of it too!

Pssst. I heard that they are going to perform I'm the Slime during sets!

This is a prophetic Pssst. A hope it persuades you guys to do so.

Speaking of which (sorta) you guys should uhh. do a secret show on next thursday when I'm in DC! Yeah! =D

Pssst. I heard that they are going to perform I'm the Slime during sets!

This is a prophetic Pssst. A hope it persuades you guys to do so.

Speaking of which (sorta) you guys should uhh. do a secret show on next thursday when I'm in DC! Yeah! =D
Man! This guy is giving away all our secrets! ;)

Yeah, its a shame we didn't have something scheduled. Guess you'll just have to make the trip to BAR Fest now. :kickass: You should see the set we have planned for that! We are introducing a couple of new tunes from our upcoming CD never performed out before, plus some fan favorites. I'm really looking forward to this!!

We had our final full-band practice this weekend @ my house (Sat. & Sun.). It is only 1.5 hours from DC. Guess that didn't line up to well did it?

i have returned from lands afar.

fuck, im excited after reading through this thread. still dying to be able to get somehere to see yall live!!
Hey dude!

Long time, no talk! Glad to see you stopped by! Its been really crazy with all that is going on right now. We are very far into the recording of our next CD and it is turning out to be really, really awesome. We are all very excited about how it is sounding and our new tunes! I think you're really going to like the drums on this album - John has turned out one hell of a performance and Matt and John did a great job of capturing a great sound out of John's Yamaha set! Its a nice set and they did it justice!

As far as seeing us, come on down to Jaxx on Wedneday, August 8th! We are opening for Symphony X!!! Tickets are only $20 in advance from us - saving you at least $4 in Ticket Master charges prt ticket. I hope you can make that - that way you get two groups you like in one night!

OR you can somehow convince your parents to fly you out to San Francisco for BAR Fest! :lol: That's got an awesome lineup!

Well, great hearing from you. I hope all is going well. Hope to talk to you soon.

Don't sing it, BRING it, sweet-cheeks! :lol:

I wonder why they use whatever they do for their fretwire?
(and WHAT they are using - balsa wood????) Now we know why JP has to have like 17 of them on tour with him.....
I think only Eric Johnson could tell the metal/alloy content of the frets...:heh:

You guys should put a completed demo on your myspace page, when the time comes. I'm still awaiting the final verdict of which Zappa tune you guys could cover... Do a good job on the FZ and make IA (& me) happy! :D

If I didn't have to buy the damn car, I'd be at the shindig in TX as well as BARFest..... :(

J-Dubya
:lol:

Not sure, but the guy I took it to expects and accepts that as a owner of many EB's! He says that it is by artist request because apparently the feel and tone of the fret wire is desired. Never really A-B'ed before, so I don't really know. But I do know that I love the way that guitar feels and sounds! I switched to 11's 1+ months ago and LOVE them! They didn't pull the neck back as much as I would've liked it, but they feel and sound great!

I think that is the plan! We've got a couple of tunes pretty close to completion of the recording phase and Matt has already started doing some preliminary mixes and it sounds awesome! :lol: It looks like Cheiron already figured us out! ;)

Man, I wish you could make it out to SF! I've been preparing heavily for this! We all have!

Oh yeah, I've graduated from being Mr. 33% - I'm now about 90% complete. I'm going to borrow a Taylor 814CE and re-record my acoustic parts (and record my final solo with it too).

:lol:

Not sure, but the guy I took it to expects and accepts that as a owner of many EB's! He says that it is by artist request because apparently the feel and tone of the fret wire is desired. Never really A-B'ed before, so I don't really know. But I do know that I love the way that guitar feels and sounds! I switched to 11's 1+ months ago and LOVE them! They didn't pull the neck back as much as I would've liked it, but they feel and sound great!

I think that is the plan! We've got a couple of tunes pretty close to completion of the recording phase and Matt has already started doing some preliminary mixes and it sounds awesome! :lol: It looks like Cheiron already figured us out! ;)

Man, I wish you could make it out to SF! I've been preparing heavily for this! We all have!

Oh yeah, I've graduated from being Mr. 33% - I'm now about 90% complete. I'm going to borrow a Taylor 814CE and re-record my acoustic parts (and record my final solo with it too).

11's? WTF? You think you're SRV now? (Gotta get up to 12's & (I think) 13's for that title. ;)

Looking forward to whatever you post, and if I'm the Slime is your Zappa tune of choice, I won't complain. "Broken Hearts Are For Assholes" is MUCH more metal though!

Cool on getting closer to completion with the recording. Just buy a Taylor already, you know you want to!

While I won't be at BARFest, I hope you guys (& the gals) have a great time, and a SAFE trip. And speaking of safe, make sure you wear a body condom to that little even in Vegas. You never know where some people have been!
:heh:

Talk to you either on the road, or when you get back.
:headbang:

11's? WTF? You think you're SRV now? (Gotta get up to 12's & (I think) 13's for that title. ;)

Looking forward to whatever you post, and if I'm the Slime is your Zappa tune of choice, I won't complain. "Broken Hearts Are For Assholes" is MUCH more metal though!

Cool on getting closer to completion with the recording. Just buy a Taylor already, you know you want to!

While I won't be at BARFest, I hope you guys (& the gals) have a great time, and a SAFE trip. And speaking of safe, make sure you wear a body condom to that little even in Vegas. You never know where some people have been!
:heh:

Talk to you either on the road, or when you get back.
:headbang:
:lol: Yeah, I have thought about 12's, so don't joke! I really like the 11's. I played 9's for like 19 years when I started playing electric, switched to 10s for about 5 years, and now 11s for 2 months. What took me so long?

Cool. lol! I'm sure you would be happy with whatever Zappa we would do. I was just kidding with Cheiron though. I really don't see us taking all that time to learn a Zappa tune right now with so much on our plates!

Thanks! It feels good to be getting closer to completion (at least musically). As far as things have come there is still a ways to go though. Yes, you've known for quite a while how much I want one, I just know that I can afford to sink that much into an acoustic right now.

Thanks dude!!! I'm sure we will all have a great time -- you will surely be missed by many people there!! :lol: :lol: Yeah, it sounds like it is shaping up to be a good time!

Or both!

cool news, bros.

looking forward to getting the upcoming record.... is there a working title for it yet?

see you at SX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks dude!

Yeah, I can't wait for you to hear it. You have already heard a couple of them out and even learned one for the Brooklyn show, but the rest shall remain a surprise! I can safely say that this has been by far our most challenging material to date!

Definitely! And at Kamelot too! Maybe even sooner at our pool party! It was really cool to see you playing guitar for the Randy Ellefson show. Weird not seeing you behind the kit! Its also seeing Baltimore listed as you home now! Hope you're enjoying!