NEW OPETH ARTWORK IMMINENT - 7.7.2005

Arnold Layne said:
Dont by artwork they mean that dudes drawing, now with added pear?

er, how much of a sense of humor has MA got? Wouldn't it be hilarious to be feeding all the fanboys a bunch of crap, including the TGC release, and then come out with completely diff. artwork/concept/songs (not including TGC, heh, put it on the B side of single, and remix it into a disco song!).

I'd die laughing...

spigot said:
Hmmm... 66mins eh?

Wasn't Morningrise supposed to be 66 min 6 seconds ? Maybe GR will be, and TGC is just Eternal Soul Torture of GR (although being on RR, the re-release won't come out untill 2 weeks after the album's initial release).

GR=MR2

We can only hope.

Looking for a Job said:
i never see CDs on shelves, they're usually in racks or on like a table thing. there goes your logic, crouch

I've never seen CDs on a table. Almost every music store I've ever been to has had the CDs on shelves.

GR= MR2?

oh god that would suck. You guys are in a fantasy land. You can't count on all your fingers and toes how many times Mikael has said he dislikes the morningrise album and that linear method of writing music.

Not going to happen, and I'm glad.

the_drip said:
GR= MR2?

oh god that would suck. You guys are in a fantasy land. You can't count on all your fingers and toes how many times Mikael has said he dislikes the morningrise album and that linear method of writing music.

Not going to happen, and I'm glad.

Sorry, I should have put a [sarcasm] tag on that post. I know they aren't going to release the same album over again, and that's one of the things I like about Opeth. I've moved past the fact that they'll never make another album as great as SL or MR.

Oh, I hope the hurricane hits us. Last year I went ouside during all four. It was a pretty neat experience.

All I knows is, the album will not stack up against Still life.. not on a shelf, a rack, nor even a table.

I don't know why I post here anymore. Just something to do.
HOPEFULLY TGC was just their "radio friendly" song that the label pushed them to make, and all the other songs will be badass...

Geez, TGC doesn't sound like anything off of Morningrise. Wow. If it did, I'd hear some of that killer twin-guitar sound they had in the first two albums and not a whole lot of repetitiveness (mainly near the end, not that's exactly a VERY terrible thing.) And TGC doesn't seem to have anything like that...at all. Deliverance would be a fair comparison, I could see that.

And as far as Mikael and Morningrise. He doesn't exactly hate the album, he just got tired of playing that "style", which he thought everybody else was doing. I guess it's kinda true to some extent.

Im looking forward to seeing the artwork but even more so im looking forward to hearing the album. i cant wait till august 30th

Oinkness said:
All I knows is, the album will not stack up against Still life.. not on a shelf, a rack, nor even a table.

I don't know why I post here anymore. Just something to do.
HOPEFULLY TGC was just their "radio friendly" song that the label pushed them to make, and all the other songs will be badass...

How is it radio friendly? I don't think I'll ever hear it on the stations around here.