New Paradise Lost

Just listened to symbol of life again. This cd is so damn good! too bad they didn't keep progressing from there.

Haven`t heard the new album yet, but i`m a big fan of everything they have released.
@doom-death : Agreed Mouth is one of their best.
Has anyone heard Sweetness for the Seals The Sense E.P. That is up there as one of my favourites.

I've listened to the album a bit and find it very difficult to fault! It's pure gothic splendour!

Songs like 'Ash & Debris', 'Praise Lamented Shade' and 'Your Own Reality' are incredible!

Of course, there are no facts. Only opinion. But we're all aware of the fact that Paradise Lost initiated this entire movement.

Just listened to symbol of life again. This cd is so damn good! too bad they didn't keep progressing from there.

I totally agree with you here. As much as I enjoyed the two most recent ones, this is my alltime favorite PL album. I would've loved to see how they could have taken that sound further. Well, at least they're still making quality music; maybe someday they'll go back to the sounds of SOL.

I totally agree with you here. As much as I enjoyed the two most recent ones, this is my alltime favorite PL album. I would've loved to see how they could have taken that sound further. Well, at least they're still making quality music; maybe someday they'll go back to the sounds of SOL.

SOL is my fave too,they really should have taken that kind of music one step further.The last album is good too,but not as good as SOL IMO.

Great album. Inspired me to go back and give the rest of their stuff another spin. In Requiem is one of their discog's heights IMO.

A lot of fans feel that way, but IR appeals to me more personally.

Maybe my infatuation with it will wear off after a while and I'll change my mind.

Paradise Lost are one of the greatest bands to ever...er.. band together.

I simply can't wait for 'In Requiem', especially as it looks to be heading in a heavier direction. It's 12 years since I fell in love with them as an impressionable 15 year old.. can you believe that!

Definitely a band for the ages and one which will always remain close to my heart.

Haha, I could have written that, even time of discovery and age matches.

I just love the new album all the way, each song is excellent! Great great melodies, the vocals are also fuckin' excellent. I even like the "Missing" cover. I'm so glad to have one of my all-time favourite bands 'back' after they had gone astray for so many years, I first got into PL with Gothic, damn long time ago!

2nd best album of the year so far, after Porcupine Tree's FoaBP. 2007 is a good music year so far!

I thought I was the only one here who find "Symbol of Life" one of their best albums so far. I was wrong...
:D

Ok, back to IR: this is a very good album. 'Nuff said.

PS: I didn't really understand what Blakkheim wanted to say with his post. I might've lost something...
:(