new person with a question

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
Instead of getting in a heated argument over Cob and kalmah, I will only say that that post actually did some good as it pulled me in curiousity wise. I am new to Kalmah and I have a question.

If I was to get my first Kalmah cd, which should I get and why? If it was the newest one,cool or whatever, I just am curious as I will take your word. I personally like COB and I know that they are two separate bands but if even in just comparing them, I can hear that kalmah are very talented in performing and making killer music I want to give them a chance.

yes i think swamplord is the best!!!

hmmm i think... hmmm "they will return" is better than swampsong. but i dodnt knwo yet.. i will listen to the other two albums and decide ;-)

are they the same style on swamplord as on they will return? This way, whichever I get, I will know that I am not listening to a band that has changed drastically from one cd to another.

Thanks for the responses and hello by the way!

The style changes somewhat from Swamplord to They will return. In my ears, SL is more uptempo, kinda. Faster. More melodic. TWR has a more "heavy" sound to it, kinda. A little slower. And Pekka's vocals are sometimes more growly than screamy.

Not very simple to explain this, certainly not in english!

I always think the best Kalmah album is whatever one I'm listening to. :D

They are all amazing. I find Swamplord to be a lot more melodic, with riffs that will stick in your head all day long.

They Will Return is a lot heavier, and keyboards play a much bigger role. I personally love that, but some don't care for keys. It is probably Pasi's best work. Also, I find the solos to be insanely fast on They Will Return.