New possible spins on upcoming Opeth record...

... and a few dancers to boogy on to Deliverance.

And then they can shake their booties to the whole of GR, given its a such a happy record :D

(Sorry, I *had* to do it)

Sean Casey said:
Mike should stop growling, he did that in like all of their albums except Damnation. it's already been done.

IMO, one of the greatest things about Opeth is that haven't gotten less death metal. I don't mind more singing, but 100% singing would be a predictable move.

Dante's Inferno said:
IMO, one of the greatest things about Opeth is that haven't gotten less death metal. I don't mind more singing, but 100% singing would be a predictable move.

I was being sarcastic. people are requesting they make another concept album and a couple of morons keep saying "THEY'VE ALREADY MADE A CONCEPT ALBUM!" my point was, just because they've already done it doesn't mean that they have to close the door and never do it again. nobody's questioning the fact that they've done a concept album, they would just like to see it done again.

I think they should do a song that isn't heavy (IE, Benighted, Harvest, Credence etc), but that it has the twists and turns that the heavy "usual" songs have. Making it long, and not just in the normal verse-chorus-verse-chorus build that all the other light songs have. Sort of like To Bid You Farewell, but with actual progression in the song without a whole middle part repeating itself.

I always did feel like Opeth should've done one more album similar to Orchid and Morningrise, just like with Beatles' Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour. But that's just me.

Henkka said:
I always did feel like Opeth should've done one more album similar to Orchid and Morningrise, just like with Beatles' Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour. But that's just me.
That's what Slipnot is for iirc

Henkka....hmmmm....you sound like a member of COB or something...hahaha

Maybe... Kick out Lindgren and bring in Herman Li from Dragonforce! And make ZP Theart do backup vocals!! And bring in a jazz trumpeter... thats where its AT, mothefuckers!
No no no even better! Keep all the members, just get Crotchduster to write the songs for them :p

I think Ghost Reveries was somewhat of a transition. Opeth used to be a Death Metal band with Progressive influences, but I think that will become reversed. I think the next album will be more Progressive and harmonic, and probably more influence from Per (although I hope his role is to add to the album's atmosphere, while introducing new and dynamic interludes). I'm not really into the keys as much. I think that's a big reason why I didn't like Beneath the Mire, especially the intro.

I want to hear them do a country and western record called 'Our fans are retards y'all' and every song should be in the key of eb minor \m/ because that is the most evil key of all. Oh and it should all be recorded in e minor and then 'protooled' a b2 down. The single can be 'Your opinion really matters because I keep it in mind when I write my music'.

:lol: :lol:
Nothinggod said:
I want to hear them do a country and western record called 'Our fans are retards y'all' and every song should be in the key of eb minor \m/ because that is the most evil key of all. Oh and it should all be recorded in e minor and then 'protooled' a b2 down. The single can be 'Your opinion really matters because I keep it in mind when I write my music'.

:lol: :lol:

YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like a tragedy story told through music. Mike as the Hero and the Antaganist. It could be just one long song but it could be broken up into parts. This would need some female vocals to help tell the story. Mabey music to the untimely death of Princess Di or the Princess of Monaco Grace Kelly. Or hell, do the Steve Irwin anthology! :lol: Or music to the story of Gilgamesh. or Samson. or Charlie Parker.Then you could put the Jazz Influences to work.