New post from Mike

Shit, it's almost six years since I last hear Opeth play in TV4 morning show LIVE. I strongly consider ordering that channel for october for that matter only. TV4 rules. Good show back then.

TV4 is a free channel. But I have to say it's the worst damn tv-channel in Sweden. Hate all those worthless presenters and hosts.

there's no fucking way they'll play straight up metal on a morning tv show in Sweden, I'm thinking Coil and Burden. And I bet they will cut the shit out of it.

im sure theyll shorten it but it might be longer than the video version at least, i just checked youtube and they got 5 mins to play to rid the disease last time they were there and the official burden vid is 4:10 (also ackording to youtube).

I wonder what Jerry Cantrell thinks of Would? Jerry's a pretty cool guy from what I can tell. the two times i saw him live he was somewhat like Mike and real interactive with the crowd. I wonder if Jerry and Mike talked much or if it was more of a HI! HOW ARE U THING?

"The trip went well, we flew with a airline called Kingfisher which basically are more known to me for making beer...which I found a bit odd and...scary! Yet they were good, and sure enough they served Kingfisher beer on the plane as well."

i couldnt help but chuckle at mike saying this because it seems funny a beer making company has an airline company to i mean what better things go together then drinking and driving :p

Nice interpretation . :)
Funnier is how they talk about the monkeys who were hanging out with them and greeting them everyday at the hotel. The only correction was that it was not a 'hotel' . Being a college fest , they were asked to stay at the college guest house which happens to be in the woods , the forest of october.

"The trip went well, we flew with a airline called Kingfisher which basically are more known to me for making beer...which I found a bit odd and...scary! Yet they were good, and sure enough they served Kingfisher beer on the plane as well."

i couldnt help but chuckle at mike saying this because it seems funny a beer making company has an airline company to i mean what better things go together then drinking and driving :p

Or even drinking and flying?

They should play on SVT instead, then we wouldn't have to watch a commercial break between the 2 songs.
Ok, not really, but I still don't like TV4.

Dude, i promise you there's no way in hell they'd play anything like that. As people say the heaviest they would be allowed to play would probably be Burden.

My the will play heavy stuff and it's gonna be the end of that TV channel...so Opeth will be honored to attend its apocalypse .
I tried to watch that channel live online but they told me that i can't do it from Tunisia :s

Have they ever done To Bid You Farewell live? I don't know how Swedish TV is, but normally a TV show won't play 2 songs that are 10+ minutes. TBYF would be sweet though.

Maybe the songs they play will be included in their spring tour. Exciting.

Awesome blog post in other ways too. The Nokia India thing sounded really weird and not cool at all. Maybe I'll have to get rid of my Nokia...... :lol: