New record for Children Of Bodom

Day_Before_Dawn said:
I can understand people getting into the music and start shoving and getting a bit aggressive, because metal does that to people obviously.
Yeah, but I wasn't in the middle of a pogo pit but standing in second row.... trying to take some pictures that came out really weird due to all the shoving o_O :D And in a pogo pit at least you have enough space to breath in between being hit by other pogoers... I only go into pogo pit when I'm not that much interested in the band playing on the stage, because there I have to concentrate on staying alive (I guess I'm just too small), but I actually wanted to hear and see some CoB, that's why I was in 2nd row ;)

Day_Before_Dawn said:
Im not a big a big fan of crowd surfing at all. The last thing I want went i'm watching a band is someone's foot kicking me in the back of the head.
hehe, that happened to me at last years tuska festival during the COB gig... my friend got kneed by the same guy in the jaw.. ooh well.... :loco:

I got a black eye at an Opeth concert because of some guy around 7"2 crowdsurfing...fucking hurt :( But its abit of fun, no pain no gain!

I've never experienced so much crowdsurfer going over my head as in Wacken 2002 and I've never seen so much crowdsurfers (on the screen) like Wacken this year. All the other COB shows I've been to, and that are a lot (*proll*), were quite harmless by comparison...

LazyGuitar said:
I got a black eye at an Opeth concert because of some guy around 7"2 crowdsurfing...fucking hurt :( But its abit of fun, no pain no gain!

I got bruises at an opeth show too... I kept hitting myself thinking "WHY THE FUCK DID I PAY MONEY FOR THIS!?"

Midnightblueshade said:
Yeah, but I wasn't in the middle of a pogo pit but standing in second row.... trying to take some pictures that came out really weird due to all the shoving o_O :D And in a pogo pit at least you have enough space to breath in between being hit by other pogoers... I only go into pogo pit when I'm not that much interested in the band playing on the stage, because there I have to concentrate on staying alive (I guess I'm just too small), but I actually wanted to hear and see some CoB, that's why I was in 2nd row ;)

Yeah i understand you mate. When I go to a gig, I go to watch the band play and nothing more. I don't go to get in a pit and get aggressive. As it just doesn't appeal to me.

The same thing happened to me in 2003 when I went to the Download Festival here to see Maiden. Unfortunetly I had to go though several bands i don't like to stay near the front. When Deftones came on. Everyone starting pushing like crazy and after around 20 minutes of it, I had to get out and enjoy the fun of being sick. Bloody annoying because I had already gone through 3 bands to stay at the front and lost my space after that.

You just have to tolerate these kind of things at gigs though I guess. Other people have paid the same money as you, and have the same right to do whatever they want (within reason of course :D )

Those crowdsurfing nutjobs...aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!! I wanted to WATCH THE SHOW goddammit, not get fucking crushed under someone's ass!!!!!