New Sabbath

The riffs! For the record, I NEVER doubted this was going to be good and I can't complain. It sounds like it's gonna bury 99% of what's coming out this year.

Three times in a row I've listened to it. The super special edition of this album comes with the vinyl and special edition cd, a dvd, 13 prints, and handwritten lyrics by the band members. $75 and I'm considering it.

Those 8000 year old dudes are capable of good stuff, have you heard the Heaven and Hell album "The Devil I Know" It's actually really great.

H&H proved who the real heavyweights in Sabbath were.

Without Bill Ward's bluesy drumming the riffs just feel... unsupported.

Authentic Sabbath? Have you heard anything Ozzy has slapped his name on in the past 25 years? Authentic ain't even close.

...Then I listened to the video on the official Sabbath channel and it sounds like another modern Rubin mixing job, sigh.

Fucking hell could Ozzy's vocals be any more Protooled? And the vocal production sounds way too warm. Would've been nice to have some echo on it (kinda like you hear with Jim Morrison on the first Doors record - haunting as fuck, that sound).

The bass tone needs to be a bit more rounded, sounds too ... well, "modern". It takes away from the doomishness imo and makes it more modern rock.

Not a bad song though, surprisingly NWOBHM in parts. I'm not digging that production though, it's just too "safe" sounding.

Didn't leave a strong impression either way. Vocals were better than I expected and the riffs and hooks are pretty solid. The song is a little plodding and bloated and the guitars feel like they should be a little heavier. I'll sure check this out, but I'm not expecting anything close to The Devil you Know.

Any time Ozzy gets on something these days he has to kinda jog about 400 yards behind what's current rather than just doing his own thing, so what we're gonna get is a "heavy rock" track with typical radio friendly production and a song that's 25% doom and 75% Stone Sour ballad.

Meh, the last worthwhile effort from anyone in this bunch was 1980's Heaven And Hell. If it gets enough good press from the right people, I'll consider listening to a song or two from the new one.