New song for my band!

i think it sounds awesome man, what sort of vocals is it going to have? please tell me its not bree breeness cause the music sounds epic and some wicked clean vocals would be perfect, in my opinion ofcourse

That melody on the chorus is excellent! I love it, it's real catchy! I'll give it a better listen on better speakers later on today.

Hey dude, BTW, I was wondering how to make the POD's screamer work with a real amp for a while. I imagine you had to play with the software's channel volume and actual output knob level?

haha oh yeah, forgot to reply about the vocals....

been looking for a singer for AGES. basically its going to be all singing. got a buddy coming down in the next few weeks to help us out, he's pretty good.

also danny (syqem) did a quick thing that was really cool of him, hopefully at some point he'll have some more :)

i just have everything on the pod on bypass except TS, and use one of the send outputs going into the front of the amp.

slightly different character to my od808, seems to work better on this kind of stuff IMO.
Thanks.

Just gave it another listen, man. Loving the song, and the mix isn't half-bad either. I'm loving that drum tone, particularly.

Lots of clipping on this! :S A lot of the tom hits seem to clip, and the snare distorting a lot (and is a bit too loud). I really dig that kick in the mix man, could use a bit of mid scooping round 1khz, but otherwise its really nice for a Slate kick (except out of the mix it loses it, but thats like 5 secs so screw it!). Are the cymbals Slate too? The hihats are wayyy too panned. They're like 90% right.

Guitars sound really nice, the midrange is awesome. Perhaps too much mids though? I feel they could be scooped a touch.

And that melody at 1:05 sounds a bit out of tune to my ears?

original link updated with a newer mix, hopefully addressing some of the stuff people raised.

getting pretty happy with this mix :)

drums are all superior 2, with some other samples blended in.

kick is s2.0 kick with a bit of slate 14 and another sample.

snare is s2.0 slingerland snare, with a bit of slate 11z1 and a tiny bit of a clearmountain sample underneath.

I hope I'm not to late for commenting about this, but I think it wouldn't hurt if the cymbals came up a bit, particularly the ride and hi-hat.

I hope I'm not to late for commenting about this, but I think it wouldn't hurt if the cymbals came up a bit, particularly the ride and hi-hat.

On a second listen I definitely agree with this. The overheads sound very quiet. I think the mix would have some more energy with the overheads a bit higher.

I love the mid content of the guitars; it's super sexy.

The drums aren't cutting it for me though. The kick and snare need to be fatter.

The cymbals sound like swooosh. I want natural, and it's just not there.

You really did a great job with everything aside from the drums, it's practically perfect in that department.