real 6505 vs. revalver 6505 - machinated style

I wasn't talking about abundance though, I meant the harshness... I always imagine distortion like giant waves (well, much like it actually IS, haha), and when I hear a really tight and smooth distortion (think SYL - Shitstorm, the intro), I imagine those waves being very close together. When I say harsh, I think of those waves being further apart from each other, so it's like you can hear them going up and down really fast, which creates a harsh sound. This is just mumbo-jumbo, don't take it seriously, it's just how I imagine when I hear guitar distortion :D

Anyway, so what I meant was that Revalver is just generally not "tight" in mids/upper mids, it's like... as if it's "scratching" a blackboard, you know? :D *shivers*

I don't find Revalver to have too much upper mids; if anything, it's more the 1k (middle-mids, if you will) that it seems to have an abundance of IMO...

A lot of the MB Oversized impulses have that sort of boxy low-mids I've noticed at about 6-800hz, tends to make them sound bigger but you have to knock them back a bit if your sitting them in a thinner mix. As they are in this shoutout, a thicker mix, it sounds pretty good.

Wow really surprised by this. The palm mutes really early on (the first few.. can't get a time sig), just SCREAM Revalver to me.. really digital sounding, and harsh high-mids as Gojira said. The right sounds a little less digital to me. The right is also a little muffled, the left a little harsh.

Öwen;8099285 said:
A lot of the MB Oversized impulses have that sort of boxy low-mids I've noticed at about 6-800hz, tends to make them sound bigger but you have to knock them back a bit if your sitting them in a thinner mix. As they are in this shoutout, a thicker mix, it sounds pretty good.

Which impulses are you thinking of, though? Cuz pretty much (if not all) of Guitarhacks impulses have been a Traditional rather than Oversized cab, for example (and I wouldn't call 600-800 the "low mids" or boxy, really; rather, it's more what I think of as the "cocked wah" range)

did you mess with the insides of the amp on revalver?
i'm thinking of either getting revalver or pod farm or some cheap preamp.....wot do you think...pod farm or revalver?

sash

Wow really surprised by this. The palm mutes really early on (the first few.. can't get a time sig), just SCREAM Revalver to me.. really digital sounding, and harsh high-mids as Gojira said. The right sounds a little less digital to me. The right is also a little muffled, the left a little harsh.

^^ This why i was basing my guesses around the right definitely being revalver !!!

Any chance of posting the 6505 settings vs. the revalver settings? I'm curious to see how different they are from each other while still sounding pretty similar. Very nice btw, I guessed left first haha.