Definitive Shootout - Revalver vs 6505

Did you even listen to the clips? ReValver sounded GREAT for not being mixed in 64 bit mode and using the greener Tube Screamer. Many people even guessed incorrectly which was analog and which was digital! Geesh!

No of course I didn't listen to the clips :Smug:

Good for you if you like the sound of Revalver but for me the real amp still sounds a lot better. That other people confuse it with the real thing doesn't affect my taste.

BTW I am not saying that the result with revalver is not usable, but I think the differences are still evident (to my ears) and I definitely do not like these differences.

Any chance to share a quick link on them? I used search function but failed to find any impulse thread by you. Thanks in advance man :kickass:

Sure dude, here ya go!

Direct Link (right click and save-as)

My favorite is SM57 On Axis 4 More Presence, btw (but that's cuz Wagner is SOOOO middy IMO it needs all the cut it can get)

Sure dude, here ya go!

Direct Link (right click and save-as)

My favorite is SM57 On Axis 4 More Presence, btw (but that's cuz Wagner is SOOOO middy IMO it needs all the cut it can get)

Thanks a ton man, but it says archive is broken to me, any chance to fix up a new one or is it me(it's downloading a very small file everytime for me so something is definetly wrong)?

Well actually I wouldn't get your hopes too high Ermin, cuz I'm looking at the website and it seems you have to buy the full version of Nebula 2 (cheaper) for 20 Euros and THEN another 80 Euros to upgrade to Nat 3! :ill: (I can't find a way to just buy Nat 3 alone, they only seem to offer it as an upgrade :Smug: )

Hmm, it seems they've shot themselves in the foot with their marketing. I have absolutely no idea why they'd make it cost so much for someone to get their hands on NAT 3. Either way, I look forward to your new set!

@noarin: The exact impulse we used was Marcus' 'SM57 On Axis 2 More Presence'

Damn good thread. I can't believe I missed the giveaway post when I wrote my first post. I'm glad to hear that the better sounding one is the amp, as it seems to justify me spending the money for a real amp and ditching the modeling world.

I thought they both sounded pretty good, but B was a little more fizzy IMO.

What I'm more curious about is, how do the settings (positions of knobs/switches) compare between the real 6505 and the Revalver one? Did you have the set similarly?

I thought they both sounded pretty good, but B was a little more fizzy IMO.

What I'm more curious about is, how do the settings (positions of knobs/switches) compare between the real 6505 and the Revalver one? Did you have the set similarly?

From my limited experience with the demo when it first came out, the knob positions were not really that similar to the real amp, particularly the Bass and Resonance. I had to dime them to get some low-end. As I said "in my limited experience".

OK
I guessed right but I am too late lol...

What gave it away was the noise.

Btw i hate amp noise and the sound is equally kinda good on both clips so i actually prefer the noiseless revalver clip hehehe.

Next time make sure that:
1st Both clips get the same amount of noise.
2nd Try to match the freqs with some surgical EQ (Adobe Audition is great for this - i once made a simple synthedit plugin sound like Soldano SLO with it lol).

I actually had to use LAPTOP speakers to tell the difference ...lol

B has this hiss i guess you would call it in the high end that definitely gives it away, A is bit more dynamic and not as compressed, but I have to say that is still pretty impressive