NEW SONG (now with vocals and guest solo by Felix Neumann)

Ah ok, I guess there's something with the way they interact, but the harmonics/overtones make it sound like a bass on the high-frets to me! Anyway, great job dude :) (and Olli, the song rocks as well man!)

UPDATE!

- rerecorded some of my soloparts. it's not perfect but better IMO.
- less volume for the vocals + more reverb
- louder cymbals (seem too loud to me now)
- quieter kickdrum (just a bit because I really dig it :))
- tried to make the guitars a bit less harsh sounding
- NO masterbus compressor. I hate mastering because I don't have the equiptment and the skills. If someone is willing to do it for me let me know! My mixes allways start pumping like hell.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=801612&songID=7466228

thanks man! great you like the kick/snare now!

guitar chain: LTD MH-1000 (EMG81) - Maxon OD808 - ISP Decimator Panel - Krank Rev1 - Fx Send/Line Out into Edirol FA-101 Interface - Sir II with impulses

Hmmmmm I´d prefer the version before..this may confuse you a bit, but I had NO problems with any drum elements. This Master now sounds not clear and distorted/washy in comparison with the first version with vocals. I also had no problems with your solo in the first version.

Opinions, opinions, opinions...I know this is terrible :) I wanted to write a text..."trapped in the mixing jungle".

problem is: I like both. And there is no dramatic difference between them. but the first one was really pumping like hell. I will turn the vox a bit up again I think. Cymbals a bit less. Kickdrum could use a bit more clickyness. But if I wont stop mixing any time soon I will go crazy with that song. And maybe it doesn't sound that clear because I took some highs out of the guitar to get rid of the harsh sound.

ah by the way... you compared the mp3 I've send you with the soundclick update? maybe that's why it doesn't sound that clear.

ah by the way... you compared the mp3 I've send you with the soundclick update? maybe that's why it doesn't sound that clear.

No, no...I compared soundclick/soundclick.

I took some highs out of the guitar

Maybe that also was a bit strange for me..anyway I feel ya, dude..at one certain point you go grazy, especially if some different opinions makin rounds. The consequence is..FUCK IT ALL and just do what you want. Artistic freedom for president :D Lay back, smoke some weed and enjoy your great song.

No, no...I compared soundclick/soundclick.

Maybe that also was a bit strange for me..anyway I feel ya, dude..at one certain point you go grazy, especially if some different opinions makin rounds. The consequence is..FUCK IT ALL and just do what you want. Artistic freedom for president :D Lay back, smoke some weed and enjoy your great song.

I'm doing the last update now. Will check it with fresh ears by tomorrow! :)

It´s louder than hell, but I think it´s a matter of taste. I personally prefer more dynamic. The version, where I played the solo over the first time is the best imo. Nevertheless...if you like it that way, lay back and enjoy the song :) Or give Lasse Lammert the unmastered version like I did with "Gunman´s Poem". WIN!!!!