NEW song posted from Warrel Dane's "Praises To The War Machine"

Sure they have a few songs that have thrash undertones (mostly politics) but overall they mostly play heavy metal. Throw in a little progressive themes and a hint of the dreaded "power" metal and you have yourself a Nevermore pie.

I'll go with that. I'm just saying theres undeniable thrash elements sometimes. But I should have worded that better.

2:17-2:30 is shredding.

If you deny it you're just being stubborn.

So what if it is, anyway? The solo as a whole is just an excellent example of Jeff Loomis' style. If he could sign his name in music, that's what it would sound like. And he managed to attach that very well to the song, in my opinion. It doesn't suddenly kick into out of control thrashing, but is pretty fluid.

Just my ill-informed opinion, of course.

So what if it is, anyway? The solo as a whole is just an excellent example of Jeff Loomis' style. If he could sign his name in music, that's what it would sound like. And he managed to attach that very well to the song, in my opinion. It doesn't suddenly kick into out of control thrashing, but is pretty fluid.

Just my ill-informed opinion, of course.

I know, it was just a response to Chris's "blah blah I'm a little musicianship whore that isn't even shredding haha I'm better at guitar than you"

After listening the song for a few times I came to the conclusion that I really like it.

I literally had to listen to this 5 times to really notice the solo at all. Yes, it does flow really well with the song, but I don't find it to be very memorable. I think it would have been better if he was playing a few notes less in the second part, so that the melody doesn't get buried. The solo is a nice addition to the song but it doesn't really matter in the end.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to hear James Murphy's solo. I like how he often integrates these nice little hooks and harmonies in the solo that keep sticking in your hand.

In my not-so-humble opinion, this poppy song alone, after only four listens, smokes everything Soilwork ever put out.

There are just few artists out there who can grab you emotionally by the balls like Warrel is able to. :worship:

my gf is always like "that nevermore stuff makes me want to shoot myself in the head", but then she puts on a Marilyn Manson Cd and i'm thinking "Hello? and you listen to THAT?!?!"

my gf is always like "that nevermore stuff makes me want to shoot myself in the head", but then she puts on a Marilyn Manson Cd and i'm thinking "Hello? and you listen to THAT?!?!"

Manson used to touch me too when I was 14! :zombie: :lol:

Is she listening to his last couple records? That crap is abominable!

Lol, you call that solo shredding?

A couple seconds of triplets, and some legato?

Yes. Part of the solo was shredding.

That isn't what my argument was based on, it was based on the solo being pointless and the traditional rock structured bridge that came after was much better.

Yes it was more emotional than a lot of Nevermores latest solos I'll give it that.

IMO just because there are not 1 billion notes being played über-fast, doesn't mean that this isn't a typical Loomis solo. In my ears, construction-wise, this doesn't sound so much different than what you'll find on the last records. Double the notes between the bars and... ta da... there's your perfectly suited DHIADW solo.

To me, this is basically a pretty random Loomis solo (and "random" meaning in Loomis-universe --> it puts 99% of the players out there to shame).