new song

listened to the new song about 20 times now.. it´s still getting better and better.. fucking great song!!! :worship:

It didn't click with me the first time and after listening through it a few more times it is a fucking great song, really good headbanger!!

I like it. Feels great after the years without new material. I wonder how some of the sounds were achieved, if thats a sample, a keyboard or an insanely modified guitar.. whatever..

And Jonas outshines himself.

Im happy. :)

I don't see the appeal. It just sort of twangs along with an almost tough guy-ish vibe. No interesting guitarwork and no vocal hooks either by Katatonia standards.

I don't see anything wrong with Leaders, it's not my favorite song and not even my favorite off The Great Cold Distance (that spot is reserved for Journey Through Pressure, In The White, and Follower), but it's still not a bad song. I think the band produced and wrote the song exactly how they wanted it, and so therefor it serves it's purpose. Some people may "get" that purpose more than others, and that is entirely dependent upon personal circumstances in life.

it is like masturbaton after all this time.. holy shit that rocks.. can't type 'cause I am tremble a little... fucking great.. Can't wait until November to get the CD :OMG:

Thanx for this Info!

this song and the new porcupine tree'll save my next week

lmao why you label it as tuff guy? TGCD had plenty of those type of riffs, I'd say it sounds crushing but not thrashy like Machine Head or something. Heavy ass groove + Katatonia = cool.

lmao why you label it as tuff guy? TGCD had plenty of those type of riffs, I'd say it sounds crushing but not thrashy like Machine Head or something. Heavy ass groove + Katatonia = cool.

The TGCD riffs usually had some tremolo going or 4/4 crushing. It's all the Tool/Meshuggah wank that gets kinda out of place with the emotional vocal parts. If the other songs have these kind of verses though, the album will own anyway.

There's tremolo in that first guitar part of leaders, but all the distorted guitar parts no. Same type of riffs, and you complained about them when TGCD was released, remember? Soilsong?