New Steven Wilson Solo Album

i think he is a great musician but maybe he should take it easy it's quite hard try to following every project he does probably a cd every year >.<...i should try to find it out there!

I like it so far. I'm almost done with my second listen now and it's a mixture of everything he's done in the past imo.
Port Rubicon is really dark sounding

I've heard this about four times through now, I'm in love with tracks 1,6,9,10. Hopefully the rest will grow on me. The others are definetly not bad in any way though. Well maybe No Twilight Within.. is the one exception :)

Fucking amazing album. The man never stops. I can't belive all the hate for "No Twilight.." Its my fav by far!

i love pretty much every track now apart from Significant Other. its just meh. does nothing. the album has some seriously good flow to it.

I pre-ordered the retail version and received a download link in the confirmation e-mail. I listened to it twice; definitely listen more tomorrow.

I liked the first track. After that, most of the other tracks were alright. Besides the opener, the other tracks that were noticeable were Venemo Para Las Hadas, Get All You Deserve, and the title track. The title track is a very somber track. Pretty depressing, ha.

I saw that someone said that the track Twilight Coda was just filler. I disagree. I really like the track for what it is. It has an identity.

I feel that this album will probably grow on me. During the first run through of No Twilight Within The Courts Of The Sun, I thought that it was pretty boring as well. I liked it a little bit more on the second run through, so that one also has potential to be a good track to me.

After two listens, I also agree with someone who said that the vocal melodies were not very memorable.

I never listen to myself when I listen to an album only a handful of times. Things will always change after I listen to the album a lot more. Overall though, I cannot say that I am disappointed, but I can also not say that this album is a masterpiece. Pretty indifferent so far.

As I said, things will more than likely change after awhile.

For me it's not a grower at all. It's rather a fader, actually. The two best parts (not including the Insurgentes song which is awesome) are the sample parts; intro of Harmony Korine and intro of Get All You Deserve. Rest really isn't interesting at all. Been listening to the full album in my ipod (no pun :lol:) and it frankly gets nowhere.

I pretty much buy anything Steve Wilson does at this point. I haven't checked out no-man, but I plan on picking some of that up in the future.

Steven-Wilson-last-fm.jpg

It's for last week but it's still nice to see.