New Stuff Again

p.s. i had to take all the versions down, sorry!
FUUUUUUU
Should have read the last page before listening through all the songs on Soundclick just to find that T-Pain version, haha. :lol:
Could you at least tell us the name of the band (or did you do that already and I missed it?)?

Hate it when the bands/labels demand that shit.

Were you running a chorus on the lead vox the whole way through?

I have to agree with Brian, I definitely thought I heard tuning artifacts in the first version. But it sits with that sort of over-produced style, so it didn't bother me.

yeah there's chorus on almost every vocal track lol

there's also delay on every track

maybe you're hearing delay blip from a previous sang note when holds out another one right after

Yeah it could be anything. Fits with the style though, as mentioned, and I really doubt any of the fans are going to complain.

Cool stuff about the chorus. Believe it or not I've never used it on vox before. Is it mostly for the stereo widening effect? I tend to just run the Stillwell CMX plug-in for that purpose.

yeah there's chorus on almost every vocal track lol

there's also delay on every track

maybe you're hearing delay blip from a previous sang note when holds out another one right after

ah that explains it. my guess is that it is the chorus. delay (unless it is a really fast slapback delay) doesn't give that "autotune-glitch" effect. have you tried adding a de-esser before or after or try to cut at 3.5khz with an eq on the chorus to give it more transparency?

ah that explains it. my guess is that it is the chorus. delay (unless it is a really fast slapback delay) doesn't give that "autotune-glitch" effect. have you tried adding a de-esser before or after or try to cut at 3.5khz with an eq on the chorus to give it more transparency?

when you're singing dotted notes in 16ths at a 4/4 rate, 16th notes from the delay can pop out over anything longer than an eighth note, so those blips can occur even with a normal quarter note delay.

i've never really felt the need to hide the chorus effect, considering i added it because i wanted to hear the vocals going through it, lol. it doesn't sound artifacty to me... artifacty to me is t-pain's whole album.

Damn, missed the t-pain version, as well.

At least we have Gregg's post as consolation. The pic when he says" Yes! the Boom! " ... you are an artist Greg :worship:

chorus on vox? there's something else I haven't tried/thought of.

Joey you are a certified nutbag haha. I am jealous of the way you think about things. So "out of the box".

This is joeys mastering chain

UAD.jpg

Joey sturgis signature nos plugins

WAVES.jpg

Joey Sturgis BASIC mastering cigaretes