New SUPER FAT Metal Drum Samples

Oct 27, 2008
Hey guys, I just made a small sample pack of .Wav and .Gog files.
These samples are made from snares I have collected in the past couple years from the bands I have produced.

http://dbsamples.com

The site is still under construction, but I figured I would put it up anyway..

Check out the sample clip on the site, right now I'm selling the kit at $29

Take a listen, let me know what you think! Heck, maybe even buy them !!!

Cheers,

Dan

Heard it on volumes' fb page right before i hopped back on sneap forum. It just sounds great deffo getting this!

I was supposed to see Volumes with Arsonist the other week, but they dropped :(.

The drums sound so crisp. Nice snap on the kick and the snare has so much punch and power.

http://dbmusicstudios.com/Site/Drum_Samples.html should be the right link.
Drums sound good but you've got to be joking pricing that at $50.

Joey Sturgis's Stuff is not bad, the drums on his productions sound really great, but when I listen to his samples, they seem to lack the "punch" that his drum tones usually have.

I am still new to the game and have realized that 50 might be too high... I just wanted to make one great sounding, usable kit at a time. I find that other sample libraries (although good for other less heavy styles of music) seem to lack the punch and snap that metal needs.

Once I expand to more kits, I will definitely lower the price a considerable amount and offer past customers a free kit or a discount.

-Daniel

Joey Sturgis makes his "custom drum kit" for like 40 bucks or something, and I have to say it sounds like a piece of shit...

I figured I would spare people sifting through 100 horrible sounding drums like in Supersonic, or Steven Slate (which I have both of) and concentrate on making 1 amazing sounding kit at a time. Is $49 really too unreasonable? I'm curious, still looking for feedback.

Thanks for posting,

Dan

:Smug: Oh really?

49$ = Not getting my money

Through AudioMidi Slate had a deal for SSD EX for only 20$, that's 15 complete kits..
I missed the deal but got the deal with all Expansions for 59$..
I think you'd generate a lot more money if you'd sell it for 10 - 15$.. At least half the price you have now..
But that's just my thoughts..
The samples seem to sound good though..

Its pretty stupid to call slates and Sturgis stuff shit. We don't act like that around here. They sold their libraries thousands of times. You should show some more respect.

Joey Sturgis makes his "custom drum kit" for like 40 bucks or something, and I have to say it sounds like a piece of shit...

I figured I would spare people sifting through 100 horrible sounding drums like in Supersonic, or Steven Slate

wow, questionable business behaviour.

Pricing is alright...mine are more expensive (although I gotta admit I don't know how many samples your pack contains, so I can't really judge).....
but the behaviour towards the other competitors alone would keep me from buying it tbh...and I bought all the other ones, Slate, Joey, Drumwerks....

I figured I would spare people sifting through 100 horrible sounding drums like in Supersonic, or Steven Slate (which I have both of) and concentrate on making 1 amazing sounding kit at a time. Is $49 really too unreasonable? I'm curious, still looking for feedback.

Thanks for posting,

Dan

That's a great business strategy right here. Mind if I copy that?

MIX YOUR ALBUM WITH ME, NOT WITH LASSE, ERMZ OR RYAN. THEY HAVE SMELLY ARMPITS AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THEY USE WOMEN'S UNDERWEAR.

Seriously. GTFO.