New The Haunted

The more I listen to it the more I don't get it. Think I'll pass on this one like I did with Versus. I understand the whole "freedom of expression for artists" diatribe but I call horseshit on this one. This is not "innovative" or "evolving" or whatever hyperbole is thrown around. I've been a massive haunted fan since day one and before that ATG were the band for me (I'm in my mid-thirties btw) but to me it has zero aggression, excitement, imagination and they are the things I look for in "METAL" bands. Not wimpy, pussy shit like this. I'm off to read my serial killer books and listen to ...Made Me Do It lol

Is that the same article that explains why people complain that a band "is just going through the motions" or "has stagnated" or "has failed to evolve" or "isn't taking enough risks" if they put out two similar sounding albums in a row? :)

Well that second ,,No Ghost'' track saved the day so I'll wait with final opinion until release, but you have some nice titties in your avatar so i'll explain.

There's slight difference between evolving, taking enough risks and so on, and ruining good name(or using it to promote crap should I say?) just to sell some papa roach meets green day stuff. Artists usually tried stuff like this as their side projects to not piss off fans of their main bands. But I see that nowdays it's getting normally acceptable that band pulls off shit like that under their main flag(thus basically saying ,,fuck you,, to their fans) which is kinda sad(too many great bands do this lately).

Basically if your name is Pink Floyd you don't just randomly start doing Attack Attack type songs, and if your name is The Haunted you don't just do papa roach songs.

But then again that other track is good so as I said, I'm waiting for the release.

Limak, get over it. You're butthurt because your beloved band isn't the same as it used to be - oh well. People change, writing styles change etc etc etc. This isn't as big a change as the Architects did on their latest album, at least, and this stuff still sounds like their hearts are in it.

Well that second ,,No Ghost'' track saved the day so I'll wait with final opinion until release, but you have some nice titties in your avatar

Why thank you. :)

I was just poking fun at how for every person who complains that a band has changed too much there's always another person who complains they haven't changed enough. Bands can't win.:loco:

Once I got over the shock that this was The Haunted, I dig both tracks for what they are. Sounds like a completely different band, but I haven't heard anything past One Kill Wonder. To my ears, it sounds like a lot of these Swedish bands (In Flames, Soilwork) become highly influenced by heavy groove music from the US....it's definitely a more American sound.

There's no way the guys from At The Gates are still in this band. It sounds like they were replaced with Soilwork members.

+1.

All I can say is I am SO FUCKING GLAD AT THE GATES BROKE UP. If this was an At The Gates song I would fucking kill myself.

First 2 records are still amazing, third is great, everything since Dolving came back has been fucking revolting. Whoever said they were better as a Slayer clone had it right. Made Me Do It = win. I even hated that track Hollow Ground back then, liking this new shit is way beyond my capabilities.

Are there any good Swedish melodic DM/thrash bands left? Dark Tranquillity is the only band I can think of that haven't completely shit the bed big time and they still are headed downhill, but at least it's just because the songs are starting to sound lazy and insincere, not because they are trying to make a buck.

If it's automatically "selling out" or "cashing in" to have different musical tastes and influences around age 40 than one had around age 20, then let me know where to pick up my check. :)

got into them with their 1st disc which was one of the biggest shots of adrenaline I've experienced since Reign In Blood ... didn't care much for the next couple and then pretty much lost interest ...

this I think I could really get into because its so completely different

+1

God damn it, I hate it when bands pull this shit. Doesn't matter if the music is good or not, if you are going to completely change the musical direction of your band THEN IT'S NOT THE SAME FUCKING BAND ANYMORE

Get a side project for your gay desires, or just break up the band and reform with some other name, just don't try to assfuck your fans with this crap just becuse you want to capitalize on an already established name.

"Doesn't matter if the music is good or not..."

I think it's pretty clear that it does. :rolleyes:

"gay"

"assfuck your fans"

"crap"

"papa roach meets green day"

"saying ,,fuck you,, to their fans"

"fucking revolting"

I really doubt if someone liked the new music they would be so vehemently critical of it being distributed as a The Haunted cd. ;)

------------------

FWIW, I thought all but maybe 10 seconds of the song on Facebook was a snooooooze. Liked the overall style of the song, but ZZZZzzz.

"How can they do this to me? How can they suddenly change their musical style without consulting me first? HAVE THEY NO HEARTS?"

Come on people. Stop crying. If you feel like your fandom is ass-raped, go listen to Made Me Do It, be happy with it and don't buy the new album, simple as that. The band doesn't really owe you to keep making the same album over and over again. Whether they change or not is up to them. Metallica did it in 1991, and people were even more pissed. 20 years later I still spin that album almost daily.

Oh, so you dig their new musical direction but are just a real stickler for 'rules'? Fair enough, carry on.

Way to go on missing the point entirely. The thing is, if you make a name for yourself playing badass thrash metal, then if you decide that you want to play melodic-justin bieber polka, that it totally cool. BUT if you decide to advertise those two under the same label, then you are starting to tread a line of deception and "comfort-zone".

LIKE I SAID

If a band wants to change direction, that's fine. If they want to do something completely different from everything I have ever loved about that band then sure, do it. But don't do it under the same flag as the original stuff. That is just bullshit.

I didn't miss the point, I'm disagreeing with it. My contention is that "Doesn't matter if the music is good or not..." is a clear fallacy and people wouldn't be complaining about the stylistic change quite so vigorously if they did, in fact, think the new music was good. They wouldn't be calling it -- the situation -- "horseshit" and "gay" and "bullshit" if they expected their peers to welcome the change. They would be calling it "a fun present for the fans" rather than "a fuck you to the fans". It's only a negative situation if one's opinion of the new music is negative.

edit: By the way, no one is claiming you don't have every right to hate the new music, if that is the case. No one's saying you aren't allowed to have an opinion. It's you (and a few others) who are saying someone shouldn't be allowed to do something.