New to Anathema

Atmospheric, somber, depressing, ethereal rock music. The older stuff is much heavier, with growls and such, kinda doomy as well. I prefer the newer stuff myself. I suggest you start off with "Judgement", IMO its their most touching, powerful album. Alternative 4 is a good second choice, or maybe even "A Fine Day to Exit". Hope you enjoy.

Start from the very beginning (demos, "Crestfallen", "Serenades") to the very end ("A Fine..."). There's no other solution.

A4 then Eternity then AFDTE then Silent Enigma then Judgement then Serernades. And put the Pentecost III/Crestfallen CD somewhere in between. And then download bootlegs and find the old demo songs. If you don't do these things by tomorrow morning, don't you dare post again here!!! :mad:

:)

i would suggest judgement first. A4 damn near turned me away from them at first. it grew on me now, but i don't think it's a good one to start with. i think you'll appreciate it more if u get some of their other stuff first, imo.
and ignore the bashings i will get from the other band members because of this. they don't know what their talking about.