New to Anathema

Originally posted by Andy_2003
no heavy in terms of guitars though ? i remember you said that in another thread. Is most of the stuff heavy in terms of something else?

heavy in terms of properness, reality and utter hell.

its all real. which is why its heavy.

ever heard 'over' by portishead? fuck euro doom and heavy ponces. thats the real deal.

Originally posted by pagan2002
heavy in terms of properness, reality and utter hell.

its all real. which is why its heavy.

ever heard 'over' by portishead? fuck euro doom and heavy ponces. thats the real deal.

Sounds very good, the serious of anathema's music is something i really like. I've not heard the portishead song, I've recently been impressed with porcupine tree, I've bought my first album, Signify. I read somewhere you toured with them, the album is a bit like a less guitar heavy Judgement, I really like some of it, it's kind of like 2000 & Gone. Excellent soothing kind of stuff

Roads is the best Portishead song ever. If they make something better I'll jump into the dirtiest river on earth...

Beth Gibbons (singer) has released a solo record by the way. Guitars, voice and true feelings... It's fantastic...

No way. Beth's voice cannot be in any way reproduced by anyone... Just get the solo album if you can...