new to Katatonia

Contrary to (apparently) popular belief, there is no harsh moderation here. There is barely any moderation at all. The only posts that were deleted were Sputniks REPEATED offensive posts which a number of users AND band members had complained about. I warned Sputnik and he continued with insults. Because of this, he can no longer see the forum. I don't understand why someone who clearly dislikes the band would repeatedly post insulting comments even after being asked to refrain.

If someone has a problem with moderation, friends being banned (Sputnik is the only one by the way..) they can feel free to send me a message here and I'm fully willing to discuss with them the issue. That would be more appropriate than posting these things here.

This forum is for fans of Katatonia, yet sometimes it seems people who really dislike the band, and must have wandered from another bands forum, enjoy insulting the band. I think the guidelines are fairly clear. There is plenty of "crictism" to go-around on this forum and there is no problem with that. But coming to a forum and saying "Your singer sucks" will clearly offend fans and members alike. Doesn't make sense to me for people to go to a bands official forum page and post about how people "suck" in the band.. and even ELABORATE repeatedly on it in an extreme immature manner. If anyone has problems with this, then you can take it up with me in a private message.

well put. no one but no one takes the piss outa stupid crappy katatonia :p

but seriously though if someones gonna just say your crap etc, why bother posting? lets all leave it at that anyway.

oh and you didnt say which album you got? feedback please :)

Doesn't make sense to me for people to go to a bands official forum page and post about how people "suck" in the band..

Point taken, in fact it's pretty pointless to do so.

Hmm...alright then, I didn't know he did it repeatedly and was being warned before. In this case I don't feel like defending him, I'll just shut my mouth instead :D

[edit]

By the way, the moderation can't be that harsh, otherwise the "Jeanette Biedermann" thread would have died a sad death. :D
I know this test-tube "pop princess", and putting her name on Katatonia's board is almost a sacrilege :lol:

I know this test-tube "pop princess", and putting her name on Katatonia's board is almost a sacrilege

Ooops :oops:

Well, but since it's not yet a sacrilege I suppose I won't be banned from this forum :) I didn't know that with the IP address you can prevent people from even looking at the forum. I don't think this would have been necessary...but anyway.

I think it's OK if people post sth. that isn't necessarily Katatonia-related. From time to time, that is. I enjoy what Katatonia fans have to say when it comes to music in general or other topics, Keeps the forum more diverse.

I think it's OK if people post sth. that isn't necessarily Katatonia-related. From time to time, that is. I enjoy what Katatonia fans have to say when it comes to music in general or other topics, Keeps the forum more diverse.

You did notice the smilies in my post, didn't you? :)

I laughed heartily when I saw the Biedermann thread, but this effect might be restricted to people from "Germania" :D

Well somebody said it was bullshit that he couldnt see this forum at all. You have wrong about this. The forum recognize the ip adress and if you have logged in as sputnik, you dont have acces.
Ask the moderator about this if you not belive me!

The thing was that Sputnik didnt got any warning before he got banned from the moderator. And he didnt realise that bandmembers was on this board. Thats not very common and he thought this was a discussion board with other fans.
When he read the faq AFTER his post he said that he was sorry and understand why the moderator took away his post.
Which he actually regret afterwards and he said it. It WASNT mean to be an insult from him at all.

The only thing the moderator had to do is say "we dont want that stuff on this forum" and he had totally understand beacause he is a very nice guy and definatley doesnt want to hurt anyones feelings.

You have banned a total nice guy that hasnt been near to be banned on another forum before. And the thing was you didnt even give him a chance afterwards.

I think you should give him a second chance! You will not get posts like that on this forum in the future from him anyway beacause he understand what he did wrong.

Originally posted by Risedfromthedead
"Hmm...alright then, I didn't know he did it repeatedly and was being warned before."

When was Sputnik warned???

well he probably PM him or something.

hmn, welcome to the forum, i think. something tells me you and sputnik are related somehow, by related i mean the same person. but welcome anyway, and ignore what i said. :rolleyes:

prrf, fucking ignore everything i said, im so stupid. nevermind.

When was Sputnik warned???

Um... forlorn soul told me/us so.

I warned Sputnik and he continued with insults.

Why should he lie about it? 'cause he developed something like a personal aversion to Sputnik and now uses the subtle art of deception to win us over to his side? Doesn't sound very plausible.

Another interesting quote:
If someone has a problem with moderation, friends being banned (...) they can feel free to send me a message here and I'm fully willing to discuss with them the issue. That would be more appropriate than posting these things here.

p.s. keep me out of this, thanks in advance.

Sputnik is offcourse often present when I write...

If Sputnik knew that bandmembers was in this forum, his post would be an insult...
The thing is he didnt, and it wasnt pointed to a person, just to get some of an discussion and see if some people agrees with him or not. (not bandmembers)
Its not that usual to see bandmembers on their own forum you know...but it was also kind of clumbsy of him to not think about that. If Sputnik had got warned, which he hasnt, more than people on this forum that dislikes his opinions.
But lets say he got warned and continued to post insults that was meant to hurt. He should absolutely be banned for that.

But that wasnt the situation.
I think you should warn people and tell he/she what he is doing wrong before sudden acting...

Originally posted by Risedfromthedead
Sputnik is offcourse often present when I write...

If Sputnik knew that bandmembers was in this forum, his post would be an insult...
The thing is he didnt, and it wasnt pointed to a person, just to get some of an discussion and see if some people agrees with him or not. (not bandmembers)
Its not that usual to see bandmembers on their own forum you know...but it was also kind of clumbsy of him to not think about that. If Sputnik had got warned, which he hasnt, more than people on this forum that dislikes his opinions.
But lets say he got warned and continued to post insults that was meant to hurt. He should absolutely be banned for that.

But that wasnt the situation.
I think you should warn people and tell he/she what he is doing wrong before sudden acting...

You've only been banned from the Katatonia forum, you should be able to post on all the others now...