Is there a chance to see Katatonia in 2007?

Migs

Friday the 13th addict
Jul 6, 2004
Rome,Italy
Just wondering if there's a remote possibility Katatonia would manage to be added in the bill of one or more summer open air metal-fest that take place in Europe this year.

That would be great....Katatonia in daylight playing (why not?) very old material they usually don't play, what do u think?

helll yeh im up for that, im going to Download Festival in england in june and i would love if it if Katatonia were able to play, and when u say playing very old material do u mean the whole set or a few songs????

well, considering the differences between a club gig and a summer fest gig in terms of atmosphere (sun, heat, sweat...and a "party" feeling all over), I think that it would be perfect to completely change the setlist, to give new life (even different arrangements) to old songs of their catalogue (pre-discouraged era). Fundamentally, summer festivals are a matter of FUN, so I think it would be fun for me, don't know if it would be fun also for the band! Of course they could bring in also a couple of recent hits (example: teargas) ,but I really think that songs like "evidence" or "in the white" deserve a different context and atmosphere

wel at dwnload festival there is at least 4 or 5 stages. the 2 main ones being the main stage and the the snickers tent, i think katationia wld be better in the tent rather on the main stage... and i think a few of their old stuf would be good but im more in2 their LFDGD, VE, TM, TGCD stuf so i would love to hear some stuf on them

and even tho Wait Outside is unreleased i would love to hear it live

i would love to see them on a club tour as well but they arnt reli that big over in northern ireland wer im from so they prob wldnt play so dwnload in england would prob be there best chance

come back to the US and play my sweet nurse this time and dissolving bonds...also for my demons would be cool or any track off TD since none were played last time. well just coming back would do just fine either way..:)

right for eveyone who cant read this shit here it is again

i would love to see them on a club tour as well but they are not really that big over in northern ireland where im from so they probably wouldnt play so download in england would probably be there best chance for me to see them

of course a "club tour" would be better, but since they've just finished one promoting the new record and summer in europe is "festival time" they could reach a very very wide audience with just a couple of partecipations in fests.
No promotion, just pure enjoinment and a little more madness!

well i see your point, i guess i'm just a bit pissed since i got a indoors festival show with quite a bad setlist and terrible sound

sorry for that ... happened to me too, at my first megadeth gig 12 years ago...