New UK Power metal

Sounds like a plan! I'll make an effort to go and find all the MTTM bands since I'm so familliar with them all now. Some of Silent Descent turned up to see us in Kent, which was nice. I must say I'm getting rather excited about BOA now, I've been listening to At The Gates all day today. We won't get backstage passes for the mainstage though which is a shame. :(

The organisers of the Guilford battle of the bands have helpfully informed us that the final is actually this sunday at the Electric Theatre in Guildford. We also have a gig with special guests Insinerate this Saturday at the Rising Sun in Reading.

Insinerate are probably one of my favourite bands we've ever played with, theyre a real old skool thrash band! I'm really looking forward to that one. As ever, if anyone's in the area, come say hi!

gigposterRisingSun09.jpg

Wait, you're playing & don't even get backstage? Tight bastards :lol:

Try having an extra 300 people in backstage hospitality as there are in excess of 35 bands playing on the Unsigned stage and then you'll understand the reason why! There isn't enough space! :lol:

Steve, are you attending? If so, I'll make sure I escape the Information Point/ Rock Soc tent and come and say Hi at some point.

Try having an extra 300 people in backstage hospitality as there are in excess of 35 bands playing on the Unsigned stage and then you'll understand the reason why! There isn't enough space! :lol:

Steve, are you attending? If so, I'll make sure I escape the Information Point/ Rock Soc tent and come and say Hi at some point.
Ahh there'd be plenty of space! It's not like everyone would be back there constantly!

You tell 'em Andi!

Naah I'd probably spend most of my time in the campsite when i'm not watching bands anyway - we have some elaborate festival sports planned!

Might try my luck on going vip at the gate anyway. :D

I don't fancy your chances :lol: I don't expect full access myself this year. The mainstage band area will be pretty much off limits to everyone who doesn't need it. The rest of the backstage area is incredibly boring to be honest so you won't be missing anything at all!

After having witnessed some crowd members jump the barrier at random only to see them reappear later setting up CoB's equipment, i'm not going to discount anything as a possibility =p.

PS. This was entirely Han's suggestion. I cannot be held accountable for the ideas she has planted in my head.

If that was 2005 then I believe you entirely! :lol: I know that security has not been what it should be in previous years. In all honesty though, security will be entirely different this year so I don't anticipate anyone will be jumping the barrier, blagging or anything else. There is nothing to stop you trying of course. ;)

More news: We'll also be playing on the Jagermeister truck at some time during the day on Friday, hooray!

I know most people here will have heard of them, but since its relevent to this thread, Season's End have approached us to support at a few shows to coincide with the release of their second album.

You can hear samples of the album here: http://www.myspace.com/seasonsend

Not only both power metal, but both apostrophe bands! A good match I think!

If anyone is registered on the BOA forum, vote Metalloid on the Derby thread :D Cheers guys!

Hey anyone who saw METALLOID at BOA, or elsewhere might be interested in this friday's gig :) I think the whole UK power metal scene ought to just make a point of giving these a look/listen :headbang:
dvszs7.jpg

From Metalloid
http://www.myspace.com/metalloidonline

Fri 5th September 2008

Greetings!!!

Hi there boys and girls! After having played a successful show at this year’s Bloodstock Open Air Festival, METALLOID will be playing a one-off show (for a while) in Derby this Friday with bands NEFARIOUS (Derby), WARPATH (Wales & Midlands) and PUNISHER (Derby) at The Victoria Inn.

Bands Line-up this Friday:

METALLOID – 10:15PM – 11PM
NEFARIOUS – 9:20PM – 10PM
WARPATH – 8:40PM – 9:10PM
PUNISHER – 8PM – 8:30PM

Venue Details:
http://www.thevicinn.co.uk/http://www.myspace.com/thevicinn
12 Midland Place
Derby
DE1 2RR

Cost : £4

METALLOID along with the other bands, playing will be selling their Merchandise at the gig.
A Gig not to be Missed!

METAL FOREVER!!!
METALLOID
Leenus, Rich, Pete, Al, Adam and Alex.

And can someone hint to the guys they must get something up on their Myspace page please!?

They refuse to put anything not professionally shot/recorded up...

but if you look see my secret footage via Youtube: sisterofnight451 ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/user/sisterofnight451
Just don’t judge them by that alone :saint: pleeese

Speaking of Metalloid, we're playing with them, Ravenage, Evil Scarecrow, Invey, Drag the lake, Punisher, Aphemia, Empryean and Cruel Humanity in Derby on 29th November. We're also sorting out an individual show or two with the 'loid.

We're supporting Shadow Keep this November as well in Guildford and Reading.

Unfortunately the Season's End tour didn't come off because they wanted to do it the exact same weekend Amy is going off to uni. Bah!

We're working on getting shows in pretty much every corner of the country so nobody should have an excuse to miss us! ;)