New Warmen album?

You, likely.
You were the one who announced the official myspace, the official website and an update to the website. And I think you manage the youtube account too.

Okay.... Hadn't expected that... Hope me and my friend will be able to get back to the airport at night.. And not having to miss something..

Bus line 615 drives to airport around the clock. Timetables in english can be found from here. If you check bottom of the page you can find estimated travels times. Bus leaves from railway station.

Other option would be Finnair City buss that leaves at 5.00 from the center. But it might be too late if you have really early flight.

615 works great if you know where to catch it from :lol: I spent half an hour figuring out why I couldn't find the platform from where it had to go. Why? Because I was at the wrong side of the railway station :lol: I was on the right side and 615 leaves from in front of the station, right between the station and the ice rink. Works great, iirc there are quite a bit and the price is 4 euros for a ticket I think.

Bus line 615 drives to airport around the clock. Timetables in english can be found from here. If you check bottom of the page you can find estimated travels times. Bus leaves from railway station.

Other option would be Finnair City buss that leaves at 5.00 from the center. But it might be too late if you have really early flight.

I know :) I've already checked that. If we take the 615 at 3.18 we'll arrive at the airport around 4 o'clock I think.. Our plain leaves at 6.40 so the 4.48 (which is the next bus for some reason there is an hour and a half in between) I fear we might be a bit too late..

@ ChildrenofCOB: I know.. The busses in Helsinki are weird. There are a few who leave from the side which looks out on Mannerheimintie and there are a lot leaving from the other side :rofl: It's terrible really hahaha..
But I've found it in the Summer, so I should be able to find it in winter :p

German interview with Antti:

Interview mit Antti Warman von Warmen Ein Interview von Elvis vom 07.02.2010 (83 mal gelesen) Anlässlich der Veröffentlichung des aktuellen WARMEN Albums nahm Gitarrist Antti Warman sich die Zeit, uns ein paar Fragen zur aktuellen Platte zu beantworten - lest selbst, was er kurz und knackig zu sagen hatte... viel Spass!

Was kannst Du mir über den Entstehungsprozess von "Japanese Hospitality" erzählen?
Antti Warman: Das hat wirklich Spaß gemacht. Es war großartig, in Jannes eigenem Studio ohne besondere Eile aufzunehmen. Ich hatte die Möglichkeit, meine Gitarren aufzunehmen während Janne gerade mit CHILDREN OF BODOM auf Tour war.

Wie fandet ihr denn die Reaktionen auf die neue Platte, sowohl von der Presse als auch den Fans? Mir persönlich hat sie sehr gut gefallen und hat deswegen auch eine entsprechend gute Bewertung bekommen.
Antti Warman: Die Reaktionen waren hervorragend! Manche Fans hätten wohl lieber mehr instrumentale Songs gehabt, diesmal haben wir uns jedoch dafür entschieden, ein Album mit mehr Gesang darauf aufzunehmen.

Warum habt Ihr als Titel "Japanese Hospitality" gewählt? Ist das ein leichter Seitenhieb auf eine Band aus Hollywood, die eine Platte über Demokratie in China aufgenommen hat? ;)
Antti Warman: "Japanese Hospitality" war schon seit Jahren Jannes Idee für den Titel eines WARMEN-Albums, da japanische Gastfreundschaft im Gegensatz zu chinesischer Demokratie wirklich existiert.

Wie und wann kommt ihr eigentlich zu den Ideen für Eure Songs?
Antti Warman: Am Anfang stehen immer unsere Visionen, wie ein Song aussehen könnte. Wir treffen uns dann in Jannes Studio und fangen einfach an zu jammen.

Es mag ein wenig verrückt klingen, aber 'Japanese Hospitality' und 'Switcharoo' erinnern mich irgendwie an japanische Videospielsoundtracks aus den 1990ern. War das Absicht oder nur purer Zufall?
Antti Warman: Ich glaube, das war reiner Zufall.

Könntet Ihr Euch vorstellen, mal etwas gänzlich anderes zu komponieren, z.B. einen Soundtrack?
Antti Warman: Ich meine, dass Janne sogar schon mal etwas für eine finnische Fernsehsendung komponiert hat, wenn ich mich recht entsinne.

Die Auswahl an Cover Songs ist mit einem JANET JACKSON sowie einem JOURNEY Cover Song schon ziemlich eklektisch. Warum habt Ihr gerade diese Songs ausgewählt?
Antti Warman: Vielleicht weil wir diese Songs lieben? ;)

Nachdem Ihr bislang auf jedem WARMEN-Album einschließlich dem aktuellen Album "Japanese Hospitality" diverse Gaststars hattet, gibt es jemanden, mit dem Ihr gerne in Zukunft mal arbeiten würdet?
Antti Warman: Sebastian Bach wäre fantastisch!

Was möchtet Ihr gerne mit WARMEN erreichen? Oder ist es mehr ein Projekt für sich allein ohne nennenswerte Pläne dahinter?
Antti Warman: Derzeit haben wir keine größeren Pläne mit WARMEN, da jeder mit seinen eigenen Bands beschäftigt ist. Aber mal schauen, was noch so passiert.

Können wir uns auf ein paar Liveauftritte freuen, vielleicht sogar in Deutschland?
Antti Warman: Yeah, wir haben einen Gig zum zehnjährigen Jubiläum in Helsinki am 18.02. und vielleicht einen Festivalauftritt in Finnland. Für Deutschland gibt es bislang keine Pläne.

Hast Du zum Schluss noch ein letztes Wort für Eure deutschen Fans?
Antti Warman: Danke für Eure Unterstützung! Ich hoffe, wir können irgendwann mal bei Euch spielen!

Source: http://www.bleeding.de/?show=interview&id=387

Translation:

On the occasion of the latest Warmen album, guitar player Antti Warman took the time to answer a few questions about the release – read what he briefly and succinctly had to tell us … have fun!

What can you tell me about the making of Japanese Hospitality?
AW: It was a lot of fun, really. It was great to record in Janne´s own studio without being in a hurry. I could record the guitars while Janne was on tour with COB.

What did you think about all the reactions from media and fans to the new album? Personally I liked it a lot, that´s why it got a good rating.
AW: Reactions were great! Some fans seem to have preferred more instrumentals, but this time we decided to make an album with more vocals.

Why did you choose JH as the albums´ title? Was it meant as a kind of side blow towards a band from Hollywood who recorded an album about democracy in China? ;)
AW: JH had been Janne´s idea for an Warmen album title for years, cause japanese hospitality does really exist, in contrast to chinese democracy.

How and when do you get your ideas for your songs?
AW: In the beginning there are always our visions on how a song could be. Then we meet in Janne´s studio and just begin to jam.

It may sound weird, but “Japanese Hospitality” and “Switcharoo” slightly remind me of japanese videogame soundtracks from the nineties. Was that intented or just a coincidence?
AW: I guess it´s just coincidence.

Can you imagine to compose something completely different sometime, a soundtrack for example?
AW: I think Janne actually did compose something for a finnish TV show, if I remember right.

The choice of cover tracks, including a Janet Jackson and a Journey cover, is quite eclectic. Why did you choose these songs in special?
AW: Maybe because we love these songs? ;)

On each Warmen album - also on JH - you had a few guest singers. Is there someone special you´d like to work with in the future?
AW: Sebastian Bach would be fantastic!

What do you want to accomplish with Warmen? Or is it more a project of its own, without considerable plans behind it?
AW: Right now we don´t have bigger plans with Warmen since everyone´s busy with their own bands. But let´s see what happens in the future.

Can we look forward to a few live gigs, maybe even in Germany?
AW: Yeah, we have a gig on the 18th of february in occasion of the 10th anniversary of Warmen in Helsinki, and maybe a festival show in Finnland as well. But no plans for Germany till now.

Do you want to have a last word for your german fans?
AW: Thanks for your support! I hope we get to play down there sometime!

@Manon: yeah no real news... but nice to see a Warmen interview, anyway ;)

Thanks mocobhc.
Since Im gonna miss the gig they are doing next week, this is more than great news:
and maybe a festival show in Finland as well
Would be awesome to see them live next summer :)

Thanks for the info VonRetee, you're my saviour :p It would be quite awesome if they would be in Ankkarock, since COB will be there too. That would double the reason why I have to go there next summer :)

Thanks mocobhc! But damn, I really have to start working on my german, I lack A LOT of vocabulary. I see where the thing is going and structures and all, but I only get 15% out without a dictionary :erk:

(From Warmen.org)

TUSKA 2010 & Warmen shirts

We are extremely happy to announce that we will play a very special show at Finland’s most important metal event TUSKA Open Air Metal Festival 2010 in Helsinki on 4th of July. Do not miss this one!

The first Warmen shirts ever are here! We sold a bunch at our recent Helsinki show, and a very limited number of leftover shirts in sizes S-XL and S or M sized girlies are up for grabs for 20 EUR including worldwide postage.

paita.jpg

Back: World Tour 2000-2010 + 3 dates

Place your orders / ask for availability via e-mail: warmen@warmen.org.

Dante’s Highlight show setlist

We played a lengthy set to the packed Dante’s Highlight last night on our 10 year anniversary show!

Thank you for showing up! Here’s the setlist, photos coming up soon..

Japanese Hospitality
Eye Of The Storm (Timo Kotipelto)
Spark (Timo Kotipelto)
Beyond Abilities
They All Blame Me (Jonna Kosonen)
Goodbye (Jonna Kosonen)
Alone (Jonna Kosonen)
The Evil That Warmen Do
Fallen Angel (Pasi Rantanen)
Lying Delilah (Pasi Rantanen)
Separate Ways (Pasi Rantanen)
Somebody’s Watching Me (Alexi Laiho)

It was AWESOME!!!!!! I'm tired as hell, slept 2 hours in 2,5 days :rofl:

Warmen really kicked ass.. so cool... Too bad that Aleksi fucked up Somebody's watching me.. But still.. it was very obvious that everyone had a great time being on stage!!
Too bad they only played for an hour.... :S I could have watched them play for a couple more hours haha!

Pics will follow..

Tuska 2010 line-up is awesome. I was happy to hear that Warmen will play there with other cool bands like Testament, Nile and Rytmihäiriö.

It was AWESOME!!!!!! I'm tired as hell, slept 2 hours in 2,5 days :rofl:

Warmen really kicked ass.. so cool... Too bad that Aleksi fucked up Somebody's watching me.. But still.. it was very obvious that everyone had a great time being on stage!!
Too bad they only played for an hour.... :S I could have watched them play for a couple more hours haha!

Pics will follow..

Can`t wait for the pics:)
Do u have some videos from the gig?
and..what happend in "somebody`s watching me" :D?

Good to hear that u had a great time:)

Tuska sounds grrrreat. Warmen + Pain, Tarot and Hypocrisy = I will be there. Now I dont even feel bad anymore for missing the gig :D

Just returned! Enjoyed a really great show (playing was tight as hell and I really enjoyed the vocalists, too, especially Jonna and Pasi), met great people, bought a great Warmen shirt on Thursday. Was wearing it at the FME (and gained laughter because of the writing on the back from a guy of some unknown finnish band I don´t even remember the name :p ), saw Lauri Porra again doing things beyond human, and saw Hypocrisy live for the first time on Friday. Spent most of this Saturday with returning home again :( :( All in all, three days that lasted not long enough considering how awesome they were.
If my shitty handycam has done what I wanted it to, I´m gonna post some pics as well tomorrow, but I set my hopes to the Dutch ones :) ;)

Manon, nice to see you came back home safe :) Was great to meet y´all!

Just returned! Enjoyed a really great show (playing was tight as hell and I really enjoyed the vocalists, too, especially Jonna and Pasi), met great people, bought a great Warmen shirt on Thursday. Was wearing it at the FME (and gained laughter because of the writing on the back from a guy of some unknown finnish band I don´t even remember the name :p ), saw Lauri Porra again doing things beyond human, and saw Hypocrisy live for the first time on Friday. Spent most of this Saturday with returning home again :( :( All in all, three days that lasted not long enough considering how awesome they were.
If my shitty handycam has done what I wanted it to, I´m gonna post some pics as well tomorrow, but I set my hopes to the Dutch ones :) ;)

Manon, nice to see you came back home safe :) Was great to meet y´all!

Good to see you got home allright :rofl:
It was so nice to meet you, and your Heidelberg bear has found it's place on my bookcabinet :)
I've posted my pictures on Facebook, but I don't know about Miranda's pictures.. I'll let you know asap..

I'm especially curious at our snowpics ;)

I'm not sure though if the gig was filmed...........