NEW YORK people....

gaschamber

check out my dumb band
i gotta serious question, this definitely goes to billy...

are there many venues/recording studios in the jersey/ new work area nowadays? im about 99% sure im gonna head out that way to look for work soon, and i just wanted to get some inside info, also, how expensive is jersey to live in, and what parts arent all ghetto (and yes i know that most of jersey is a dump). i just dont want to move into some place with all the brothas eye-in up my gear.

any info is helpful.

Evil Dead said:
According to the Daily Show, there are two parts of New Jeresy. The Seedy part, and the "not so" seedy part.

I live in the NY in the burbs...about 40 miles north of NYC, and I work in NJ. It is impossible...the cost of living here is out of control. I own an inexpensive house...a 100 year old fixer upper that I can never afford to fix up...I have 4 kids and living in this part of the country is a strain. Taxes are high, gas prices are high, tolls are high, milk prices are high...everything! Rents are out of this world.

New Jersey is a very populated state...there are very rich areas and some very nasty areas, which are probably going to be the only affordable areas. Around the NYC area is Newark(yuck), Jersey City, which is supposed to be making a ressurgence, but don't count on getting in a nice area. There's Hoboken...ask Billy about that...he used to live there.

All in all...expect to py a lot for nothing...and be prepared to commute.

Living in the tri-state area sucks...I would love to move, but I have older kids in school and my family is here.

Good luck, dude. I'd be curious to see what you find.

I make what a lot of people consider a decent living, but to even have some semblance of a life drains my finances. And I don't even have kids. The tri-state area sucks. I'd love to move to Colorado or something.

NJ is a fucking nightmare. If you aren't making 750 a week after taxes, forget it. You can survive on less, I know I did for years- It's called squatting and to be honest I went from a studio loft in hoboken for 500 a month to squattinf in hoboken for 100 a month. Average rent in NJ is 1200 to 1500 a month. Car insurance another 2000 a year and the worst commute you will ever do in your life. I am here only until August then If I haven't landed my job at the piers in newark I am going back to Austin. I honestly would rather be comfortable in Texas then live with wealth in NJ.
I wish you go luck- do your research.

Buzzard said:
NJ is a fucking nightmare. If you aren't making 750 a week after taxes, forget it. You can survive on less, I know I did for years- It's called squatting and to be honest I went from a studio loft in hoboken for 500 a month to squattinf in hoboken for 100 a month. Average rent in NJ is 1200 to 1500 a month. Car insurance another 2000 a year and the worst commute you will ever do in your life. I am here only until August then If I haven't landed my job at the piers in newark I am going back to Austin. I honestly would rather be comfortable in Texas then live with wealth in NJ.
I wish you go luck- do your research.

Yeah, dude...do your research and be careful...this area will quickly suck you dry and spit out your bones. Me and Billy don't live too far from each other...take it from us, it's a fucking nightmare!:hotjump:

Oh, yeah...and NJ has got to be the worst place in the nation to own and operate an automobile...the insurance is frightening.

I got a speeding ticket a few weeks back on my way to work...I went to court to have it reduced. I stood in line for 4 1/2 hours and still payed 235 bucks and got 2 points. That's NJ for you.

I make a good living, but with 4 boys, an ancient house and 3 crappy cars, I just scrape by. It's all relative...you make more money around here, but it doesn't equal out with the cost of living.

The cost of living blows. I live in a small shitty crack infested city about 35 minutes north of nyc, Even here in the so called burbs its expensive AND IT BLOWS! Crack heads, assholes, and then you got the rich kids up here drivin around in there mommys car. Fuckin wiggas. If I could afford to live in NYC I would do it in a minute,. Shure they have all those problems there but at least the town has a pulse. And what everyone else posted about car insurance is no joke.

I live in a small town in the midwest and the only few blacks around are in jail or are under police survailance so the crime rate is low. Cost of living is dirt cheap the local economy is pretty good. I think they say "Escape to Wisconsin"

I live out on Long Island, a cesspool of suburban mothers driving SUVs while high on prescribed drugs.

By standards across the majority of the country, my father would be considered making an excellent living, in the upper middle class realm. LI expenses causes him to be considered in the poverty realm.

The mountain biking out here sucks, the people are self-important asswipes, and driving anywhere sucks. I would like to move to Oregon. Regardless of the image, the economy and job market here sucks.

I live 18 blocks from the beach in San Diego in the College Party Town I have a one bedroom apt for $775 a month.

We are going to be buying a condo this year for like 250K, my payment should be about $2000

and the weather rules

why live anywhere else?