My New York Trip

na, some of the cd's were just upgrades of mp3s i already had, and besides, i listen to music most of the day anyway so it shouldn't be too hard :p

i'm going to see lightning bolt next week. should be interesting to say the least

bit hard to explain. they are a noise duo who make whacky crazy noise! they play in the centre of the room and everyone stands around them going nuts. should be very cool. its at northsix brooklyn

Depends where in Canada really... Vancouver isn't cold at all... They're lucky to even get a week of snow.

Yep, exactly. I hear in Vancouver it's pretty much spring/autumn weather all year long. ;) There's no question, I gotta move there in the future.

But yeah, even here in Ontario our winter's get damn cold, for sure. But in my area it isn't as cold as say, the London area which not too long ago had over 10 inches of snow fall. It's only an hour and a half away, but here during that time there was NO snow. Crazy.

And dude, hope you have a BLAST in NY. You're quite lucky you're going for an extended period of time, which is nice. I went there for the EMPEROR show in July and stayed for 3 nights; man, we walked ALL OVER New York and have seen as much as we could - Empire State. Statue of Liberty, Carnegie Hall, Trump Tower - you name it! Fun times.

cheers! this is my 4th time here so ive already done the touristy rounds a few times. i wanted to go on the staten island ferry again but it would be so cold on the water id probably die lol. i went to see lightning bolt/white mice tonight. it was freaking crazy. people were acting as if they were having seizures in the mosh but im told thats just "indie dancing" :lol:

dsc07997ts3.jpg
I saw Enslaved last night at Oakland Metro with skulk <3

The venue and stage were really small, I was in the first row - was able to touch Arve's sweaty side while he was in that pose.

snagged Grutle's setlist:

path to vanir
fusion of sense and earth
bounded by allegiance
the voices
essence
violet dawning
isa
ruun
return to yggdrasill
jotunblod
slaget i skogen bortenfor

in news that i'm sure will shake the very foundations of earth itself...

i'm coming back to New York (and Las Vegas and probably SF too) in February!

meeting metal_wrath is on the top of my agenda.