My New York Trip

Pethical

Tom
Jul 30, 2005
Sydney
www.myspace.com
I'm going to New York for a month in mid jan to mid feb next year. (my brother lives there so im going to see him but i'll have lots of free time so ill be going out a lot). now i have two questions for anyone that knows:

1 - are there any festivals or many gigs on in NY or surrounding areas during that time? Since its the middle of Winter im not sure how frequently gigs/festivals happen. this may sound like a stupid question, but remember i live in australia, where our winters are extremely mild so im not sure what its like when a real winter happens.

2 - can anyone recommend me good guitar stores, metal shops and other things to do/see whilst in New York? I might go to Boston for a weekend too, so any recommendations for there would be great too.

thanks in advance
tom

Ok, read on blab that the kreator singer went to Duff's Brooklyn tonight — the heavy metal bar located at N. 3rd St & Kent Ave in Williamsburg, New York.

has anyone been there? shit? good? Do they have gigs there or just dj's?

Bump, need more info!!!!! I'd also like to know if there is a NY metal gig guide? Since i'm not going for another 6 1/2 months nothing has been announced, which makes it difficult for me to plan my trip.

ive still never been to NY, although i plan to go as soon as i can find the time.

i am however going to the mellotronen anniversary festival party on the cruise boat in stockholm in january. anyone else going to that? my mate from germany and i are meeting up with a few other friends there. most of the mellotronen roster is performing on the boat during it. should be a once in a lifetime event, i cant wait.

www.pollstar.com will give you info on scheduled concerts. But it's a little early right now for most bands to announce a tour for January.
Overkill however is listed as playing Jan 28.

You could also go watch Les Paul play a concert. He plays a couple shows a week at the Iridium Jazz Club I believe.