My New York Trip

Pethical said:
fuck. i can't get over this. enslaved touring when im there. i might get to go to a few dates. absolutely amazing. this trip will rule

youre flying halfway around the world and your high point of the trip is seeing a black metal band? youre a strange person.

Actually looks to me like he's flying 1/2 way around the world... Shit man that's quite a journey.

I've been to NYC many times & always have a great time. Lots to see & even more to do. The summer would be better for the attractions, but winter is cool also.

In regards to shows I'd check out pollstar for NYC. They list lots of shows for most of the venues.

The wintertime tends to be a popular time for metal acts, so you should be in luck.

As for the weather, yeah it's gonna be cold. Expect average high temps around 0-5 Celcius & lows down to -10 or so. I'm also sure you'll see snow at some point.

Try to visit Boston if you can. No shortage of places to party if that's your thing. I'd recommend Lansdowne street, Faneuil Hall, & Harvard square in Cambridge. All great areas with lots of cool bars & clubs. Cambridge is your best bet for music. Not much metal in Boston itself, but still lots of fun.

Good luck man & enjoy

OH MY! Not only do i get to see enslaved/dark funeral/abigail williams but now i get to see Belphegor, Unleashed and Krisiun!!!!!! Fuck this is going to be a great trip

NineFeetUnderground said:
youre flying halfway around the world and your high point of the trip is seeing a black metal band? youre a strange person.

There's plenty of people who travel soley for music. Having a passion to fuel your travels, even if its non-travel related is anything but negative.

You see one Western city, you see them all. They're just diffferent sizes and my cousins driving the cabs have different accents than they do in Sydney :loco:

cheers, so far so good, the travel books i've been reading are quite helpful. i'm sure i'll be coming back to this thread during the trip though. also i'll probably see you at one of the gigs im going to whilst there! (so far 10, lol)